2nd meeting

Discussion in 'York/lancaster, PA' started by TenguJedi, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I propose for our next we get together and see a movie. I suggest The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. And how about the Sat June 14th for the day?
  2. chld-dark Jedi Padawan

Well, here's how the movies stack up at the moment..

Pirates debuts July 9th, and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen debuts July 11th..

So, if we're going to have it be a movie, we'll have to choose something a little closer to either A) their starting dates or B) choose another movie or C) come up with another idea.

Working up a rough draft to the website as we speak, so hopefully by tonight, we'll have a really rough draft, with a domain name forthcoming once we agree we like the idea as well as the domain name.

-dark-
  3. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, Rick, I guess you didn't understand, but I'm out of town that weekend. I have to go to Ohio for my wife's niece's graduation.

How about the weekend after?
  4. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Oops..

Well, we don't need to see them opening day. So why not see them the following weekend? Or we can see what else it playing I'm just making suggestions. :)
  5. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I suggest a further idea to the movie. That we meet for business discussion either prior to or following the movie. This facilitates topics related to the fanforce and also allows for people who might not want to see the movie.

As for movies, I am interested in LoEG, but I am not interested in PotC. Sorry, I'm anti-Johnny Depp. :p

6. Decca_Nikye Jedi Padawan

tsk.. how could you be anti-Johnny Depp? He's such a... umm versitile.. [face_love] actor!! :p
    Anyway... I'm all for either movie and i agree that a meeting, maybe at a cafe or something either before hand or after the movie would be a good idea, since not everyone would agree on the same movie.
  7. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    That is a good idea Dave.

Ok closer to the date we'll have a poll to see who's interested in a movie (and which movie) and meeting and who just wants to be at the meeting.
  8. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I am confused...

Is your 2nd meeting in June or July?

I would like to do something like this with you guys. :D

J.Sat
  9. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    We're shooting for the June 21st at this point. And you would be most welcome to join us.

And if anyone has suggestions for other movies to see let me know. I'll put a poll up starting the 14th and ending the 19th to decide A. how many want to catch a movie together and B. what movie.
  10. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    The more the merrier! Any FF members that wish to tag along for a meeting or event is always welcome. Though, you may want to let us know so we can be looking for you and give good directions... :D

As for having our second meeting in the same month as the first meeting, we really want to get official and keep the ball rolling on this Fanforce.
  11. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok.. I seem to have read things wrong and neither of the movies I picked start till July... not June.. so we're open to suggestions as to what movie to see.
  12. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, then why don't we think of another activity, as I just checked Fandango.com and there doesn't look to be any really good movies coming out. Though, I haven't seen X2 yet... :D

We could plan the movie meeting for mid-July when LoEG will be out.
  13. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Either way is fine with me. But I don't want to see X2 again, I've seen it twice already.

I'm open to suggestions. Would we rather do another meeting this month or wait till mid July? Anyone?
  14. chld-dark Jedi Padawan

We're open to suggestion. Seeing a movie for our meeting in July would be fine, and we don't mind having another meeting this month, if we have something pertinent to discuss..

Which, while we're talking about it, we should come up with some meeting points.

-dark-
  15. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Ok.. I seem to have read things wrong and neither of the movies I picked start till July... not June.. so we're open to suggestions as to what movie to see

this is why I was confused. :p

I'll do what I can to meet the rest of you guys. :D
  16. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I kinda figured that after I went back and looked at things.. :D

Yeah it would be really cool to see you again Satimber. As soon as we get this meeting, or any other meetings or gatherings for that matter, you and your group are welcome to come. That goes for anyone in the area that wants to attend any of our meetings/gatherings.

Once Lancaster gets it's convention center finished I'm hoping we can even host a con.
  17. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Hosting a con in Lancaster would be nice, but I don't see it hppening for some time.

Heck, if a FF from Outer Mongolia wants to come to one of our events, that'd be fine. We are all in this thing together.

As for points of discussion for the meeting, I am open to hearing other's ideas on what needs to be discussed.
  18. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok a couple of things I want to cover are:
    1. Naming the group.
    2. Purpose of the group.
    3. Types of group and social events we'd like to do.
    4. The upcoming PhilCon 2003 - December 12-14, 2003.

Anyone else have anything they'd like to cover?

19. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Those sound good, Tengu. We also may want to see if there is interest in the other upcoming cons, such as Chiller in NJ, and I think that there was going to be another one before that.

20. chld-dark Jedi Padawan

Also would like to discuss the website. We've got a mockup in place at

http://home.earthlink.net/~michellegeiger/starwars/index.htm

Once we get a name down, I'll register a domain name, but I'd like some criticism on the layout so far.

-dark-
  21. LadyMischief Jedi Padawan

We neeeeeeeeed a name for the site, I'd like to get one asap, it's driving me crazy that Bob and I are working on a site with no name.
    And please tell us what you think of it.. I don't want to end up spending endless hours perfecting it, just to find out everyone hates it.
  22. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, having just looked at the site I must say that I am HIGHLY disappointed...

...in what I have seen others have in the way of a website. :D

First reaction to the website: :eek:

Followed by: :)

Ending with: :D

You guys did some amazing work. I doubt that you'll have much criticism of that design.

Well, then if everyone is feeling the necessity of having a name quickly, then I think that calls for having a meeting ASAP and making that the priority for the meeting.
  23. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok then how about this, everyone come up with a couple suggestions for a name then we'll vote.
    Here's two from me.

Mos Espa spaceport.
    Tatooine moisture farming collective.
  24. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Glad to see you folks are interested in attending Philcon. The Phily Outer Rim has already booked a space for this event and of course you are all welcome to attend. We are going to try to focus on some sort of charity event while we are there.

All info so far can be found at this link: PhilCon
  25. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, we need to finalize things so we can make sure that the meeting gets announced on TF.N.

First off, since we weren't thinking of doing a movie this time, would it be too much to ask that the meeting be on Sunday again? That Saturday looks to be packed, and if we keep it on that day I'll likely have to bring Sarah along by myself again.

Second, as far as our agenda for the meeting, I think Rick laid that down pretty well on his post on 6/6. Any further ideas can be floated even after we submit the info for posting on TF.N.

Lastly, where do we want to have the meeting? Do we want to stick with the same area or does anyone have any new ideas?

Well, we need to know soon, so that Strawbary can post our meeting ASAP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.