main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO 2nd Official Meeting : A Bantha BBQ

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LukeSkiewalker, Apr 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Please excuse the grammar in the above post. I was not awake yet.

2. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    Yeah, finals had me tied down. But the semester's over now and we are all relieved.
    Anyway...I will bring Doritos and watermelon. Let me know if I need to bring anything else.

3. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    Well, being in high school, finals are next week for me, yippee... and the day after my birthday, too. [face_pouty] lol.

So, the picnic... I'll bring, um, ... desserts? sounds good! does that work?

4. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Sounds great and happy early birthday!

5. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    aw, thank you!

6. Orli_Bloom_fan

Orli_Bloom_fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2003
    my dad and I plan to come, YES! I wil try to bring a chocolate Eclair. (I think thats how you spell it, if not, its a desert.) If i can't get the ingredients tho, I'll bring something to drink. I will also bring plastic eating utensils. and i can try plates.

7. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    What do we want to do if there is aclimate weather?

It is supposed to be really nice on Sunday but I figure better be safe than sorry.

8. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    um... i don't know. do it anyways? ;)

9. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Just to reiterate:

Okay everyone here's the recent scoop:

I reserved shelter #2 at Antioch Park on June 1st from 3pm to 10pm
    The meeting will start at 5 pm and we will start grilling around 6 pm
    The reservation for the shelter was $30 dollars. If you attend please bring some money to help cover the cost.
    Also please use this thread to post what you will be bringing so we don't have a bunch of people bringing buns and no meat

*IMPORTANT*
    ABSOLUTLY NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED AT THIS MEETING. IF YOU BRING ANY YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE. IT IS AGAINST CITY AND COUNTY LAW TO CONSUME ALCOHOL IN A PUBLIC PARK.

Feel free to bring anyone along even if they don't post on FF. I will submit this to the RSA on Monday so it will visible on the home page.
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions and MTFBWY

The exact address is:
    6501 Antioch Road, Merriam, KS
    Use mapquest to get specific directions.
    For those of you coming from the North:
    Basically take 35 S to Shawnee Mission PKWY
    Take SM PKWY east to Antioch
    Take Antioch S to About 65th. The park is on the East side to the Street. There is a large Entrance.

I plan on bringing hamburger, buns, charcoal, and lighter fluid.

I'll see you all there!

10. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    Thanks! I'll bring some dessert... I don't know what... yeah. ....I'm looking forward to it!

p.s. I'm done with finals! woohoo! and after tomorrow, I'm done with school! sorry, just wanted to share the joy lol

11. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    I plan on being there with a friend. Once again: I will bring chips and watermelon. How many people are planning on coming?

12. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    I'll be there, buy my mom won't. I'll be bringing 2 cases of Pop, Ice and a Cooler.

13. Mara_Jade_Raven

Mara_Jade_Raven Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2003
    I just did a quick count, and it looks like at least seven people have posted that they will be there, and many of them are planning on comming with other people. I know LukeSkiewalker (Bradley), and myself have asked three other people to attend, but whether or not they show up is yet to be known.

Also, I will be bringing hamburger meat, hot dogs, buns, etc. along with Bradley.

And then...Is anyone a vegitarian or a vegan? If so let me know and I can bring some vegiburgers as well. I won't be able to check the postings after 5pm Friday, so if you don't catch me, you will have to supply for yourself.

I hope everybody is having a great day, and I will see you all on Sunday!

14. Orli_Bloom_fan

Orli_Bloom_fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2003
    I am really really sorry, but I can't bring plastic utensils. I'm 14 with a babysitters budget. I will bring dessert though. I hopefully have another friend coming with me, we are finalizing our plans tomorrow. See you on Sunday!!

15. JediDBM

JediDBM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    This sounds great everybody. I wish the best for you guys, have a great time this afternoon and let me know how it goes. I will be working from 2 to 11:00 PM. Take care, have fun. Bud (JediDBM)

16. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Just to update everyone:

Mara_Jade_Raven and I are bringing:

24 1/4 lb patties
    3 pkgs of hotdogs
    buns
    Beans
    Mustard
    Ketchup
    BBQ
    Pickles
    Marshmallows
    plates
    cups
    charcoal
    Lighter fluid
    And we will try to bring utensils

See you all tommorow. If you need to get a hold of me send a text message to my phone using MSN messenger to Lskiewalker@hotmail.com I will try to check in 2morrow but no promises.

MTFBWY

[this post was really messed-up can't begin to summarize the edits :) ]

17. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    That sounds g-r-e-a-t! I'm off to make some dessert... And I can bring plastic silverware, no sweat. And I'll bring napkins, too, it looks like no one's bringing any as of yet. I can't wait to meet you all!

18. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED THE MEETING!

Thanks to everyone who attended and brought food. I had a great time and hopefully we can make this BBQ an annual event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.