So NV 2nd Southern Nevada Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MoronDude, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Now we all know Obi-wan is all that and the next aisle of chips but few force users match Kyp Durron's raw power. If it was a straight lightsaber fight I would give it to Obi-Wan, but Im gonna have to give it to Kyp.

There... reasons and everything. Voom, voom
  2. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    Final Match: The Jank Squad (Jankarakk) * 4-0 vs. Army of Light (Emperor_Windu) 3-1
    Kyp Durron vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

I agree that Kyp has more raw force power but Obi-Wan would take down Kyp farily easily.

Winner: Obi-Wan Kenobi
  3. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Final Match: The Jank Squad (Jankarakk) * 4-0 vs. Army of Light (Emperor_Windu) 3-1
    Kyp Durron vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

No flippin' way Kyp would win, sorry Janks.

WINNER: Obi-Wan Kenobi

ON WITH THE DRAFT!
  4. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    How about a little 4, scarecrow!

Final Match: The Jank Squad (Jankarakk) * 4-0 vs. Army of Light (Emperor_Windu) * 3-1
    Exar Kun vs Saesee Tiin

ON WITH THE DRAFT!
  5. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    The one match Axia decides to actually explain, he gets the winner from WAAAAY out in left field... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Kyp is a powerful guy, but most of what you may think is Kyp's power is Exar Kun's power. And not only that, Kyp has an ego that makes Barry Bonds' look itsy bitsy. Kyp is tough, but certainly not an elite Jedi like Obi-Wan
  6. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    Exar is in the top 5 people in this draft. Saesee Tiin's not.

Winner: Exar Kun
  7. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes but I thought these fights were decided with the characters at the top of thier game and most powerful. Or did I mis-understand something?
  8. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No, that's right, Axia, but it's Kyp's top without assistance from the spirit of Exar Kun.
  9. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey don't worry Axia, I agreed with your ruling. Even if noone else did. And I've always thought that Kyp was pretty smeggin strong in the Force even without the extra umph from Exar.
  10. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    Kyp is strong in the force but strength does not equal superiority. Obi-Wan has seen battles like crazy, killed Darth Maul, fought Asajj and Durge how many times and is almost on the same level in terms of power.
  11. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Kyp has little experience compared to Kenobi, far less skill, and a tiny power edge...if any edge at all

Kenobi is head and shoulders above Kyp, who is a 3rd rounder at best
  12. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  13. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Let's talk about 6, baby!

Final Match: The Jank Squad (Jankarakk) ** 4-0 vs. Army of Light (Emperor_Windu) * 3-1
    Lumiya vs Lord Hoth

ON WITH THE DRAFT!
  14. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Hoth can take Lumiya...He has a ton more experience against the Sith, he's more skilled, and seemingly more powerful

The war-torn Hoth would not be intimidated by a lightwhip and with his obsession with the eradication of the Sith, I see him taking Lumiya to the cleaners
  15. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    I disagree, at one point Lumiya schooled Luke, Hoth is toast.
  16. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Final Match: The Jank Squad (Jankarakk) ** 4-0 vs. Army of Light (Emperor_Windu) * 3-1
    Lumiya vs Lord Hoth

Must break this one down, as it's fairly close.

Power: Hoth isn't known for his power, and Lumiya is very strong Force-wise.

Skill: Both are skilled, but Lumiya's skill with her lightwhip is tough for anyone used to saber to saber fighting.

Experience: Hoth takes this one, but not by much, as he isn't accustomed to fighting Dark Jedi with a lightwhip.

WINNER: Lumiya

ON WITH THE DRAFT!
  17. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Let's go with numbah 5!

Final Match: The Jank Squad (Jankarakk) *** 4-0 vs. Army of Light (Emperor_Windu) * 3-1
    Assaj Ventress vs Nomi Sunrider

ON WITH THE DRAFT!
  18. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    I actually would've picked Hoth on the last one but oh well.

Final Match: The Jank Squad (Jankarakk) *** 4-0 vs. Army of Light (Emperor_Windu) * 3-1
    Assaj Ventress vs Nomi Sunrider

Nomi is better.

Winner: Nomi Sunrider
  19. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Nomi tears Assaj a new one!
  20. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    1 is the loneliest number that I've ever called.!

Final Match: The Jank Squad (Jankarakk) *** 4-0 vs. Army of Light (Emperor_Windu) ** 3-1
    Darth Vader vs Vodo Siosk-Baas

ON WITH THE DRAFT!
  21. GersonSith Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader can beat anyone at anytime no matter what. I know you're going to argue that he lost to Luke, but he really didn't. I mean, I know if my son was trying to fight me I would let him win. Especially if it was in front of people. I think Vader knew it was the best thing for the galaxy for him and the Emporer to die right then and let his son take over. That's the only reason he lost. There is nobody ever in the history of the SW Universe that can beat Darth Vader in any fight...except for me!
  22. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Good job Janks, you picked a really talented team and won this thing...I'm happy for you, I'll be more than happy to call myself the runner up

Although I feel a good bit surprised on the whole Lumiya>Hoth thing... So I guess I can elaborate on that a little bit

Moron had a good breakdown, although I think he underestimates Hoth's power a bit...Hoth was the greatest Jedi of his age, if there would have been a JC he would have been in charge. Judging by other leaders of Jedi (Yoda, Mace, Nomi, Luke) I'd say it is safe to assume that Hoth has quite a decent amount of power... More than Lumiya? I don't know to be honest, but personally I wouldnt have thrown the category to Lumiya as an advantage, but it's certainly up for debate and Moron made his opinion known

However, going back to what Axia said about Lumiya beating Luke... Who hasnt beaten Luke??? Vader, Nyax, Lumiya... They've all taken it to Luke at one point in time, but he would mop the floor with these guys (certainly including Vader) at his peak in TUF... Luke's peak is not anywhere in the NJO except once TUF is reached, he held himself back for fear of the DS. I'm not saying this to get all fussy, I'd just like a little more insight from judges on matches like that one because using Axia's logic, Lumiya>Vader since Luke beat Vader, and then lost to Lumiya...Obviously Lumiya can't hold Vader's respirator so there is a huge flaw in his logic.

I still think Hoth would take Lumiya and spank her over his knee, but hey I lost and it happens... It was still a lot of fun to particpate! :)

Oh, and who can't beat Vader? I think Gerson is kidding with his post, but Vader is a chump compared to a lot of elite Jedi or Sith

Listen to GL on some of the commentaries on the DVDs, Palpatine wanted Anakin out of the suit, not in it...But after he gets put in the suit, he kinda gets stuck with the Suited One. Vader can purge the Jedi, but can he beat the likes of Yoda, Mace, Luke, Sidious, Kun, Nomi, Thon, and Vodo? No he can't beat those guys in the suit, it's said to be inhibitory to his movement and his abilties...What is he? 80 percent of Sidious after the suit? That's not bad, but I'd be willing to bet all the guys i just named are closer to Palpatine than Vader is
  23. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  24. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader can beat anyone! Im with you Gerson.
  25. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Why don't you listen to what the creator of Star Wars has to say about Vader's abilities...Vader isnt worthless, but he could have been a whole lot better
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.