main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge <3 <3 <3 Non Star Wars Fan Fic Valentine's Day Challenge <3 <3 <3 @-->--

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Miana Kenobi, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Okie dokie! :) I kinda thought so but I figured it could hurt to ask! ;)

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I WAS working on my super amazing entry, but of course I get a trojan virus on Valentine's Day. So depending on how long before I can get my documents back up and running, it won't be up for a while. :(

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww... Miana! :( [:D] I hope you can recover everything!

I managed to squeeze out 400 more words (a little more actually, but not much) and now have posted my Torchwood/Doctor Who cross-over crack!ship of Ianto/Martha.

Let Me Be the First to Say

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awesome!! I love seeing what you guys are coming up with :D

Don't forget, those of you who haven't submitted entries - you have until the end of the month. We've got three and we'd love to see some more!!

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm still working on mine, and hopefully I'll be able to get it in before the deadline. I have a lot of schoolwork that is draining my time. :(

edit -- and now I'm not sure if I can meet the deadline or not. The ideas are all there, but the words aren't being formed. :( Grrr. *is frustrated*

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    If anyone has a last-minute entry, you've got until tomorrow at midnight boardtime to get it posted!

7. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    And in with six minutes to spare. It's just a drabble, but considering I didn't even settle on a fandom to go with until about twenty-five minutes before midnight board time, it'll have to do. Anyway, it's the Big Bang Theory piece in my general drabble thread.

EDIT: Wait, make that an hour and six minutes. Whatever, it's still well past my bedtime.

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks, you guys are awesome!! The challenge is closed, and we'll announce teh results shortly :)

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    We have the results!! And many thanks to our judges (we asked the SWFF mods to judge).

snowspeeder_gunner's A Peaceful Heart came in first, so she gets a week of colors!

yodaminch's A Gift For Wilson and mavjade's Let Me Be The First to Say tied for second, so they both get 72 hours of colors!

Congratulations to all of you, and thanks for participating [:D]

We asked last time and we're going to ask again: What did you think of the challenge? If you didn't enter a piece, why not?

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I didn't enter because my computer crashed + finals. ;)

But feedback is appreciated, guys. Is there something we can change? Is the word limit rule too strict? Etc, etc.

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Congrats snowspeeder_gunner and mavjade! =D=

For me the limit was fine. Also, when I did have a question, you responded promptly to it so the rules were fine. I don't know if time was the problem. Maybe next time announce 1-2 weeks before February so writers have an extra week. I thought the month was enough, but I'm sure some people were bogged down with classes. The only other thing that comes to mind is advertising it. I saw this contest via the Around the boards update in Comms. I didn't really check this forum as often as the NSWFF forum. Could a sticky or announcement be made in NSWFF next time to draw more attention that way (unless you did that and I was oblivious :p )

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    No, we didn't ;) That's a good idea.

13. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Oh yay! Congrats everyone! And as soon as I remember that silly password, I'll look pretty too!

As far as the challenge, I thought it had a good time limit- maybe more announcing like yodaminch said.

EDIT: Thaaaaaaaaanks NYC. [face_blush]

14. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    A bit late, I know. I didn't reply to this challenge because, well, pairing, romance... sorry, just not really my 'thing'.

But I loved the Christmas challenge.

So in my case it's a matter of taste - and of course if something comes to me, which with romantic pairing just didn't [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.