main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY 3-9 Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Just wondering what will be done or discussed at this meeting this sunday and what is going on with this club at this point.

2. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    I think you either need to come to the meeting Sunday or read the minutes once they are posted

thats why we have meetings, to discuss the state of the club and what our plans, ideas, and goals are

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    even I knew that...and I'm never able to make the meetings from Brockport

4. havok735

havok735 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2003
    Where/when are the meetings?

5. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    The next meeting is this comming Sunday March 9 at Spot Coffee, 200 East Ave

6. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002

*adds to Dave's post*

At 1:30pm :)

7. havok735

havok735 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2003
    Are we supposed to bring anything? What are the meetings about?

(Sorry, I am just full of questions... :) )

8. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    There's nothing you need to bring. :)

If you check one of the other board topics - I think it's listed under 'Collectors Corner' we've started doing a show-and-tell type session at meetings. Each time we meet a new topic should be posted. So hop over there (as they keep it updated) to see what this week's theme is, if you wanna bring something to show the group.

9. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Thanks Katie - I knew I forgot to add something

The mind is always the second thing to go............

10. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    Guess I don't have to worry about that since mine's been gone for a while...

[face_mischief]

11. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    that makes 2 of us trouble............

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Just some advice and my oppinion. I think it would be a good idea to have some kind of planned topic or topics of disscusion that everyone is made aware of before hand for meetings, so that people can think of ideas and things to talk about. This way everyone will have a chance to cointribute to discussion and the meetings could possibly be more productive. The topics could be club concerns, which appearantly is the purpose of these meetings, or Star Wars discussion.

13. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    We sort of do have that...it's called 'Old Business.' The previous meetings 'New Business' becomes the following weeks 'Old Business.' So we do have that as a guide along with whatever people bring to the table at the current meeting.

And before there's a remark made about the minutes from the last meeting not being online, the hard drive on my computer died and I've only had limited access at work. This week I was back online but it's been so hectic that I haven't been able to type up the minutes. I apologize for not being able to do this but hopefully my computer problems will be over now since I have a new machine.

Jeff - if you at least want what will be the 'Old Business' for this weeks meeting pm me and I'll make sure you get it before Sunday.

14. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Just some advice Jeff - the meetings consist of New Business, Old Business, Collectors Corner, and Free/Open Forum - what else do you want?

New Business is the place to bring up ideas you have that the club could/should address - and a place to voice your concerns - Do you have any new ideas or concerns?

Old Business is the place to act on and/or discuss old topics (AKA The Childrens Hospital Costume Event) - Do you know of any old business you want discussed with the group as a whole?

Collector's Corner is just like the title says - a place to show off your collection - what piece/pieces of your collection do you want to share with us?

Open Forum is the place to have the general Star Wars discussion - I know I have lots to discuss about Lightsaber Replicas and new Flash Cell Replicas that are comming out in the near future - what do you want to discuss?

The only thing that might be possibly missing is a Costume Workshop segment - in my opinion.

So let me ask you a question Jeff - instead of sitting quietly in the back of the room or voicing your opinions on this board - why don't you get to the meeting a bit early (before 1:30) and join in on the discussions that the club is having and voice your opinions/ideas?

There - my 2 cents

15. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    I know i've been missing meetings, but I PLAN on being at the next March one -- REALLY.

For Open Discussions, does anyone mind if that is also Star Wars movie/book/EU-related stuff? I think maybe that's a little what Jeff might be getting at too.... I haven't been entirely sure whether we are 'spossed to just talk about club stuff as an organization/goals/ etc. or if just anything goes.

I mean, I didn't want to yell out my concerns over the mistreatment of Wampas during the making of ESB and have everyone wonder what the heck i'm talking about, 'cuase I'm a newbie... Although, I guess I just speak up anyways whenever I DO want to join in a discussion, soooo.... er... yeah.

~M
    "Your lack of faith disturbs me." ~Darth Vader

16. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    I don't speak for anyone else in the group - so make sure you take my comments with a grain of salt....

The open forum is just that - open. We can have a discussion on anything that people want - if wampa's are the thing and it gets a good conversation/debate going, then I say bring it on.

There are lots of things that this club could/should be doing - the only problem that I see is that everyone tries to pass the buck to Ryan and Katie - and that isn't cool.

Let me ask everyone a couple question's - would a written out agenda prior to the meeting (say the Friday before or so and posted either here or on the web site) be something that makes the meeting more productive? Does anyone else want to donate their time to helping out with planning/researching events? What should we as a club be doing?

I share alot of the same frustrations that other people share - and yes I am new as well. I know I have had alot of ideas and have even posted some on this board and had them shot down - it is a crappy feeling. I for one would love to see this club more active in fundraising, parade's, carnival's, etc - but the planning and organization need to be there and right now, to be honest, it isn't.

I think right now we, as a club, need a direction and a goal to focus on. What do you, the members of this club, want to do? Think about it and bring your answers to the table at the next meeting and lets discuss the ideas, as a group, together. Some people may hate your idea, some may love them, but you will never know until you pipe up and let us know what it is you are thinking about.

I have made suggestions in the past for a new meeting place, social events, paintball, and even helping each other out on costumes. What happens to those ideas? They get forgotten about and never discussed again. Why? I have no idea - but I don't blame anyone but myself for lack of organization.

I made a statement at the first meeting of 2003, I would not be doing much research/planning till my wife was back on her feet from her knee surgery - sorry guys but she comes first. So my ideas and organization have been lacking - ask Ryan, he will tell you it took me weeks to call Park's Sabers for some parts that he needed, and I feel bad about it.

So - I ask again - what do you, as a club, what to do? What direction/goal should we be focused on?

Please bring your answers to the table so we can discuss them - communication is important.

Again - just my 2 cents...........

17. havok735

havok735 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2003
    Well, I for one would like to stop getting sick on the weekends of meetings or events. That is two things that I wanted to go to now that I missed because I got sick.

Secondly, I guess I would like to see more costumed charity events if possible, but I guess I show make a meeting first and find out what you guys are all about.

I am off to my bubble now to prevent getting sick for the next meeting... :)

18. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    there is a thread on here for a parade if anyone is interested .....that is something to do ;)

Also some advice would be that everyone bring topics written down they would like to discuss during the meeting for new/old business. This way you dont get side tracked and discuss the things you had in mind. ;)

19. MaxReBoot11

Jan 13, 2003
    hey-- that's a really good idea!

Like bringing in Idea Notecards.
    We could even put them all in a hat and draw out a topic, if we ever want to mix it up or if we have too many topics for that day.
    Sweet-- good thinking. : )

~M

20. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    havok, I think you should get your immune system looked at, get some meds for that man.

21. MaxReBoot11

Jan 13, 2003
    HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just remebered,.....
    Now, this would be killer, given the fact that everyone OBVIOUSLY in the club knows and likes SW, so we would prolly have to either have teams or just set a limit on number of turns per correct answer, buuuuut...

I HAVE STAR WARS TRIVIAL PURSUIT!!!!

Can we do that as an end part to a meeting some time? like an afternoon of games?? Huh, huh? can we can we???

I even have Episode One 3D Monopoly if anyone is interested; that's is pretty cool too.
    Oh, and an Etch-A-Sketch, that I got for Christmas that I am pretty good with , but that is just fyi.

*big grin* ~M

22. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Etch-A-Sketch??? - you need help

23. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    we actually played a game of SW trivial pursuit at the end of a meeting quite a while ago... like before September or something. we did it with teams then too. ;) maybe we could do it again, or play Monopoly or something *shrug*

24. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    Monopoly might be amusing with the *ahem* rivalry between certain people. :p Or we could combine the games somehow to make a super FanForce game or something. :p

25. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    rivalry????

not here............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.