main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3 CD Set Released ON 5/3?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by JediChick07, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediChick07

JediChick07 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    It would be cool if all three prequel scores were released in a box set on 5/3 along with the ROTS soundtrack, don't you think? Should we be expecting this?

2. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    I think it would be pretty cool if two-disc sets in the style of the SE releases were released for all three prequel movies, with the AotC one including all-new Williams music for the droid factory and Geonosis battle scenes, and along with this a new version of AotC was released on DVD with this new music.

:(

3. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Don't expect this to happen.

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    It most likely wont happen til later on...

Personally I think 2009 is the earliest...

5. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    Not this year, they have too much other stuff to sell right now.

ttbk

6. JediChick07

Oct 3, 2004
    2009? Why 2009? That seems like a long way off just to release 3 already available CD's in a set.

7. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    For the 10th anniversery of the PT ;)

8. JediChick07

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh right.

9. Vosk

Vosk Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    If I have to wait until 2009 for a two-disc set score of any kind for AOTC I'm gonna go mad...

I think we might end up getting a 12 disc box set for all 6 Star Wars scores to help premote the big DVD box set in 2007 since it's the 30th Anniversary for Star Wars.

Just like what Sony did when they re-released the OT scores to help premote the OT DVD set.

10. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    You guys have to let it go. There's no way complete releases of the prequel scores are coming anytime soon.

11. Vosk

Vosk Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    What do you mean by "complete"? They've all ready released a complete score for TPM, I'm sure they'll release one for AOTC and ROTS.

If "complete" you mean by "written and intended" then no they won't...you guys gotta quit thinking they are going to.

Edit: And just because the OT got the "written for and intended" treatement does not mean the Prequels will.

12. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    No, I'm sorry, but the Ultimate Edition (that horrible, horrible thing) was only released to stem the tide of bootleg CDs compiled from videogame material. Little unreleased music made its way into videogames for Attack of the Clones, and I expect the same for this time.

13. Vosk

Vosk Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    Whatever...you're living in a dream then if you keep thinking that.

14. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Jeff the re release DVD of AOTC has new music ? ? ?

15. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Whatever...you're living in a dream then if you keep thinking that.

Care to explain?

16. Hans_Olo

Hans_Olo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2002
    It's sad but true that we will probably be waiting 20 years for complete prequel scores. *sigh*. And yet, there's talk of an insanely large (I think it's 9 discs?) Lord of the Rings set of scores in the making. I'm still looking foreward to the ROTS game - there's a small chance that some unreleased music is in there. You never know!

17. jedijake719

jedijake719 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    I posted this on another thread and will do the same here.

Remember that they released a boxed set for the complete OT:SE scores at the time of the OT DVD's. However the OT:SE complete scores did the first time, it certainly wasn't a deterrent to release it again in even better form.

On that note, since this winter will see the very LAST SW movie released on DVD, the saga will officially end in movie form. It will be only fitting to release extended boxed set scores for the prequels at that point. I will be hoping to see them sometime near the end of this year.

18. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    From a JWFAN.net C3 report on the McCallum Q&A:
    "There was a question asked to the possiblity of the boxed set prequel scores: and Rick said that maybe in a year they would release them. He didn't specify to whether it would be complete scores or not but I would assume so."

ttbk

19. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, maybe I was wrong! Don't let your hopes soar, though... Lucasfilm has often screwed us over in the past.

20. jedijake719

jedijake719 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    It's inconceivable to think that they'd hold onto the music forever without doing anything with it.

Does anyone know how well the complete scores did in the stores?

I'd think that if they wanted to make some money off of them, they'd release them pretty soon, considering after the lore of ROTS wears off, nobody will be eager to get them. Between now and a year from now is the best time to release everything.

21. tjguitar

tjguitar Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    you'd think at the very least Sony Classical would re-release the existing Indiana Jones scores as well, but who knows. Hopefully expanded scores for all 3 when the 4th movie comes out...I can dream..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.