main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [3 Ninjas] Lucky (Movie Quote Roulette Challenge Vig)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Jade_Max, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Disclaimer: 3 Ninjas is owned by Touchstone and Tristar Pictures, I'm simply playing in the sandbox - and destroying the sandcastles.

Title: Lucky
    Author: Jade_Max
    Genre: Youth Romance
    Series: 3 Ninjas - post Knuckle Up
    Summary: "Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth." - Pride of the Yankees, The 1942
    Notes: Rocky is 13; Colt is 12; Tum Tum is 9.
    Notes 2: Challenge fic - write based on the movie quote - summary was the challenge. This was supposed to be a Star Wars fic; so there will be a second one written to the quote for the challenge; this simply wouldn?t disappear until it was written.

----------

Lucky

"Are you seriously going to kiss her?"

Jeffrey 'Colt' Douglas didn't so much as glance his older brother's way as he climbed out of the back of the car. Their grandfather, thankfully, didn't appear to be paying them any attention and he reached for one of the grocery bags in the seat next to him. "Kiss who?"

"Kiss who." Samuel 'Rocky' Douglas snorted. "Jo, you spaz."

"Kiss Jo?" Michael 'Tum Tum' Douglas interjected, making a face. "I think you're crazy to even think it."

Colt rolled his eyes. "Come on guys, I only said that to shut you up."

"Can't take a little packback for all those time you and Tum Tum teased me about Emily?" Rocky retorted, falling into step beside him as they headed for the house. Tum Tum fell in on the other side as each of the boys carried a bag. "So what're we going to do for the rest of the summer?"

"What, the first week wasn't exciting enough?"

The boys shared a laugh, drawing their grandfather's attention as they slid the bags onto the table.

"Your Ninja training will keep you occupied for the next few weeks," they were told with a stern look. "You may have learned the lesson of the flowers, but your training this summer is not yet complete."

"Yes sir!" The response was automatic after so many years under his tutelage.

Mori smiled. "But first, dinner. Tum Tum?"

"Yes, grandpa?"

"Give me a hand with this. Rocky, Colt - finish getting the groceries."

"Yes, grandpa."

The older boys headed back out the door as Tum Tum began unpacking the groceries with Mori. When the door slammed behind them, Colt pushed Rocky's shoulder.

"Last one to the car has to do the dishes!"

"You're on!"

Both boys took off at a run, laughing as they shoved one another good naturedly to try and get the other to fall back. Rocky tripped him up, and Colt rolled with it, catching his brother by the back of the heel and sending them both sprawling. Pushing up without hesitation, they sprinted for the car only to touch it at the same time, their hands connecting the metal with a smack.

Slapping his pants, Colt rid them of most of the dirt. "Cheater."

"I didn't hear any rules."

"Whatever. Here."

Accepting the bag, Rocky waited as Colt grabbed the last one, and then kicked the door closed. They headed back towards the cabin at a more sedate pace. Glancing towards his brother, Rocky considered him for a minute.

"Hey Colt?"

"Yeah?"

"You sounded like you meant it."

"Meant what?"

"What you said before - about kissing Jo."

Oh.

That.

It figured Rocky wouldn't let it go. Still... a part of him had meant it, Colt realized silently. He wasn't against girls exactly, he simply hadn't found one before that made him like girls. Until Jo. His stomach fluttered just thinking about her. Would she want to spend time with him now that the crisis regarding her father had passed, or would she simply fade away as people did, going back to their lives?

He didn't know and it bothered him; he wanted Jo to be a part of his summer.

"Colt?"

"What?"

"You're spacing."

Heat flared in his cheeks and his temper spiked. "Was not."

"Year right."

"I was just thinking, I mean... how can we be sure the landfill business is done; those goons might try to hurt Jo and her father again."

Rocky put his free ha

2. Wicked Witch of the West

Wicked Witch of the West Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2006
    Awww! That was incredibly cute! :D

Nice job!

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Well done! I so loved that movie! My kid has watched that movie well over 50 times w/in the last couple of years. Great work! :D

4. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks guys :D

I had fun with this piece for all it was unexpected to happen... it was nice to explore a new fandom for this one.

Thanks for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.