main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA 30 Ways to Celebrate 30 Years of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I thought this had some fun stuff in it. Of course, a few are over (C-IV), but there's still time to get most of them in!!

1 Hop on a plane NOW and get to Los Angeles for Star Wars Celebration IV. The convention is four days of exhibits, shows and appearances by actors, crew, production, authors and others who have contributed to the "Star Wars" universe. Celebrations started with the release of "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" and will continue until fans figure out what the phantom menace was.

2 Don't like to travel? Turn on the History Channel at 8 p.m. Monday for "'Star Wars': The Legacy Revealed," a new special about the impact of the six films that features interviews with everyone from filmmaker Kevin Smith ("Jersey Girl") to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.

3 Don't like to set your DVR? Dig out your DVDs of the six movies or if you - gasp - don't have them, rent them. Watch them in numerical order and debate which was the corniest "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" in the series.

4 Or try watching "The Empire Strikes Back" backwards and see if Yoda makes any sense that way.

5 While you have the DVDs in, check out some exceptional extras: "The Beginning: The Making of Episode I," is a fascinating (and rare) behind-the-scenes look at George Lucas and the team at Lucasfilm in action.

6 "R2D2 Beneath the Dome" on "Attack of the Clones," is a hilarious "Behind the Music" treatment of our favorite droid's back story. It turns out he has quite the sordid past.

7 If you've never seen them, see "Star Wars: Clone Wars" volumes I and II, the cool Cartoon Network series done by wunderkind Genndy Tartakovsky (creator of several series, including "Samurai Jack").

8 Cartoon Network's Adult Swim show "Robot Chicken" will have a "Star Wars" theme episode debuting on June 17. "Robot Chicken" creators Seth Green (the "Austin Powers" movies) and Matthew Senreich are coming to Celebration.

9 Play with a Darth Tater, a "Star Wars" version of Mr. Potato Head, available at toysrus.com for $8.99. The detachable arms make even more sense. There are, ahem, other toys.

10 Go to the post office, usps.com or call 800-782-6724 and buy the commemorative stamps. A sheet of 15 is $6.15 and there are other products available as well, starting Friday, May 25.

11 Take out your old action figures with the straight legs and arms and your new action figures with the ridiculously buff legs and arms and contemplate which Luke Skywalker looks the least like the real Mark Hamill.

12 Also for the 35-and-up crowd, answer this Truth or Dare: were you ever a "Star Wars" character for Halloween? Dare? Kiss a Wookiee.

13 If you're under 35, you can still be a "Star Wars" character for Halloween. Costume options abound on Web sites from starwars.com to amazon.com.

14 Don't want to dress up yourself? They make "Star Wars" costumes for dogs and babies, too! Look in the usual places.

15 Forget Boba Fett; create your own authentic George Lucas costume. If you have a flannel shirt and khakis, you should be able to create the look.

16 Join the fan club at starwars.com. Hyperspace members can keep up on progress for the upcoming TV projects. Latest word is there will be two-hour made-for-TV movies set between "Revenge of the Sith" and "A New Hope" featuring non-Skywalker family characters, and a cartoon of some kind.

17 Log on to theforce.net for a more comprehensive look at the "Star Wars" universe. Everything is covered, from collecting, fan films, video games to books.

18 If you have a little Dark Side in you, join Vader's Fist, the 501st Legion. Visit 501st.com to find out everything from how to construct your Storm Trooper armor - or Boba Fett, Royal Imperial Guard or Darth Vader uniform - to how to contact your local Garrison.

19 If you're the more peaceful sort but you still want to be in a club, you can join the Chicago Force, a group which started as fans gathering to see "The Phantom Menace" together, but has endured. See chicagoforce.org.

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
  3. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    These are great![face_laugh]

4. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I need more. Never enough of Star Wars for me.

5. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    Cool. But, #23's impossible

Finding it is easy. Sitting through it without wanting to throw out your computer in disgust....

You're gonna need all those Jedi patience & relaxation techniques[face_hypnotized]

6. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    We have friends that have the special on VHS and I was going to borrow it someday. I kind of remember it back then, but did not record it. Not sure if I can sit thru it, but will do or do not, there is no try.

7. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Don't try to sit through it by yourself. It's best with a group of friends, then you can all have fun tearing it apart while you watch it together. :p

8. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    A link to an interview with George Lucas and Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill.

http://www.empireonline.com/features/starwars/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.