main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT 30 Years Of 'Jedi' - The 'Return Of The Jedi' 30th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Orrelios, May 25, 2013.

1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
  2. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    I remember seeing it opening day in'83. When Luke turned his lightsaber on on the sail barge I thought "It's green?" but, the movie is solid even today

3. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    The longest line I've ever stood in was to get into the theater on opening day for ROTJ, even though my father had bought the tickets beforehand. It's hard for me to imagine standing in a line that long for any movie nowadays.

4. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Back then some movie theaters were sold out and would take days to see a blockbuster summer movie. I remember waiting a week to see Batman in 1989 because all theaters in my area were sold out.

5. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
  6. Club Obi-Wan

Club Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2013
    I mentioned this link in another thread, but posting it here might have been more appropriate. It's to an awesome Digital Bits article on the 30th anniversary of RETURN OF THE JEDI. The research on this is amazing...tons of trivia and what looks like a complete list of every movie theater that played JEDI opening day. There's no way you can read this article and not get nostalgic about waiting in a line and seeing JEDI for the first time. Sheesh, with today's flicks playing on six screens in a complex and starting every fifteen minutes, there's hardly any waiting. But waiting was half the fun back in the day.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/colum...owmanship/remembering-return-of-the-jedi-30th

7. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
    Very odd, my theater in Rochester, NY isn't listed, but I know I saw it there on May 25.

8. Club Obi-Wan

Club Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2013
    Scrutinizing the New York state section of the list you'll see there's nothing listed for Rochester proper, but the list does include suburban Rochester openings at Stoneridge Plaza (in Greece) and Loews Pittsford Triplex (in Pittsford).

9. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Informative list!
    I was there in line, in Ottawa.