main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA 30 Years of Star Wars Project for SW Insider

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    There was an advert in Insider Issue on Page 16 requesting various things for a special summer issue of Insider.

I'd like the IEFF to submit something cool for this.

Bascially the advert says:

What We're Looking For

ARTWORK - Paying homage to 30 years of Star Wars, send in illustrations in any media.

PHOTOS - Proof that you and your friends are the ultimate star wars fans.

STORIES & MEMORIES - Greatast, Funniest Stories Star Wars Related.

CUSTOM CRAFTS - Home Made Costumes, Props, Dioramas and vehicles.

So throw some ideas out there folks, i'll find out the deadline for submission!

I like the idea of the crafts and I have some thoughts on a photo idea but i'll get with DH to see if we could pull it off and then post it.

Let's aim to decide on a group submission at the Feb meeting!

2. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Got an e-mail saying they will let me know the deadline.

I also asked if there was going to be a art exhibit of fan art at C-IV. Was told we could set one up if we liked but would need to send in an app to get the space for it. They offered to extend the deadline till the end of Jan if we wanted to set one up. This could be quite a big thing as we'd have to get art submissions from all over the world and set it all up.

With the Pacific Region FF table i'm not sure if we'd have the bodies to man an exhibit booth for fan art. what do y'all think?

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    That's a huge responsibility to undertake this close to May. As cool as it would be to have it there, my personal opinion is a no. I don't want to have to worry about something like that in the middle of C-IV. Volunteering at a booth is one thing, but being completely responsible for it is another. Too much for my little brain to handle!8-}

4. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. As cool as it would be to see all the art work on display it's a huge undertaking to run something potentially that big.

5. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    I have multible copies of my friend and myself on the front page of the local news paper for our awsome light saber duel we performed for all the fans waiting inline for the midnight showing of ROTS in the movie theaters.

6. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I'll talk to Rach about displaying some stuff from each of the Pacific Region FF's at the Pacific Region FF Booth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.