main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA 300

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    ^Just dub in Jar Jar's voice with Gerard Butler's. [face_laugh]

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Dude 300 Gungans dead is worth seeing but they wouldn't last 3 days much less 3 minutes.

3. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Yeah, I was one who got turned off by the extreme violence. I watched this thing online before the movie came out called "300 seconds of 300" and knew then that it wouldn't be a movie I would probably like to see. So, hopefully that other person who got the ticket the other night enjoyed it.

4. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Oddly enough I didn't think it was really that violent. It was plenty of CG violence which to me seemed very cartoon like. A couple of decapitations and I'm thinking Monty Python or a lightning show with one of the guys shouting "There can be only one!" One death scene reminded me of the coyote as he is frozen in the air just before plunging off a cliff. It's all stylish violence that isn't cringe worthy. unlike "A History of Violence" which really is brutal in it's depiction of action and violence.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

Oh he did... I knew Terrill wanted to see this movie hella bad and he enjoyed it immensely.

It was stylized violence but even highlander, gladiator, and braveheart combined didn't have this many decapitations and or limbs being severed. Regardless I didn't think it cartoonish at all. More like the Matrix but far better and brutal. The blood splatter was crazy but if you noticed the ground never gets soaked with it. That is the only bad omission I saw. There were only a couple of unintentionally funny parts but considering everything else the movie rocked! I'm definetly getting it on DVD. PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!!!

6. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I actually liked it better than I thought I would considering I don't usually go in for really violent movies. I think it was the cartoony feel that Robert mentioned. Also, the coloring they gave the film made all the colors very muted. Somehow it made it seem less real so it was not as graphic. The guy at the Metreon said that their movie theatre is the highest grossing theatre of 300 in North America. Crazy! But then again they are playing it almost around the clock.

7. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Contrary to what some may believe, I liked and enjoyed the film. It's mindless fun.

8. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    A friend told me about the way the blood was used. He thought what it looked like and its motion was trying to evoke what you see in a comic book. I'll see it on dvd. If I'm going to watch limbs fly I'd like to be able to fastforward.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    ^But if you fast-forward those scenes, then they'll be in real time instead of slow-motion. ;)

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

Mindless fun is sometimes the best kind. Thus the reason we drink and explains movies like DOA! ;)

11. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    DOA is beyond mindless fun. It's in a class all its own. :D=P~ And all the chicks survive in DOA!

12. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :p

13. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    [face_laugh] I think a review said that is the slow motion were all real time, the movie would only run an hour.

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    You can't rush glory. ;)

15. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Man-O Man...This movie may be the best movie this year. Spider Man III, Transformers (which may be a let down) and POTC better pull some heavy weight to trump this. The Simpsons? It will rule no matter what, so I may retract the ?best movie of this year? remark . However, I don?t buy many comic books outside of all the new Star Wars series books (which kick ***), but I did read Sin City before it was a movie and The Dark Night books. And in my opinion, Frank Miller is down right masterful in his conceptions and visual story telling. Not a low moment at all. The bee?s knees, the cat?s meow, the bull?s horns?. See it.:-B

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    DOA! DOA! DOA! =P~

With Sin City and now 300, I wonder how they would capture look and feel of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns? [face_thinking] "Now starring Clint Eastwood as Batman and Kristen Bell as Robin (and David Letterman as himself ;))."

17. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    For those of you who missed the panel at WonderCon, here is a link to youtube that shows the entire presentation in at least 5 parts:

300Wondercon

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I think I know what Ming will be for Halloween this year. ;)

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Only if I can get the six pack and drop the keg but I've had a set back at the Bellagio. Double time on the freakin ab lounge. haha

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I should've called this thread "600", since we have two of them! :oops:

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Sparta!! AAAAOOOOH!! I can't wait for this to come out on DVD! I know so much about the Battle of Thermopylae it's ridiculous.

22. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    3 Jedi are overkill, a few cute teddy bears with small rocks and pointed sticks worked in EP VI.

They just don't make clones like they used to.

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    ^^^^^^^^^^ That would be funny! If that's the case make it 300 ewoks but the cool dialouge would all be replaced with "yub yub". I still like the idea of just 3 Jedi though. You can almost copy the 300 exactly Star Wars style with shots from all the movies.

24. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I saw the movie again last nite!!! I say this is the best flick of the year! =D= The action sequences are simply jaw-dropping . Can't wait till it comes out on DVD.

25. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    THIS IS FAN FORCE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.