Discussion in 'North' started by Spike2002, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranouch_Heath Jedi Knight

star 3
    You no my proble I just dont bother to read the threads much ! Sorry
    Mind you the point that the New RSA made was right I should have more scene in future -
    hold on Assistant CR ? when did this come about ?? I didnt know we could do such a thing !

2. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    27/3/07 Dave, the whole point of me being Assistant CR is to look after the NW end of things. As great as our CR is, he can't be in every place every time, so we need someone who knows the North West well and can help in the running of meets.

At the end of the day Sie is still the CR of the North, and always will be (Untill we kick him out :p )
  3. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    THIS ... IS ... SOUTHPORT! *kicks bad people off Southport pier*

Dave - discussion of illegal copies of anything is a no-no here, and tbh anywhere unless it's between mates (privately). That's why you got edited.

As for the assistant CR position it have been under discussion for quite some time. There are a really good reasons we needed it -

North is a big area for any one CR to travel around. One CR would not be able to make a lot of meets in the area they don't live in (NW or NE), and it can't be expected for them to travel to every meet - this is a hobby and a social club, you don't get your expenses (hotel/travel) paid lol. At the time we were discussing this (it was more behind the scenes when I was RSA with the CR and higher-ups) there was also discussion of splitting the North into two separate chapters. I put this to the CR, who also mentioned it at a NE meet (apologies if you weren't there - it was a difficult issue at the time, partly because of things going on behind the scenes - the main reason there was no thread on it), and from what I understand the answer was unanimous - united we stand, divided we fall. Also at that time NW was very, very active - we were doing meets every two weeks or more. However, because of this whole "separating" issue, things are now different for the NW. We have slightly fewer members, but members who are happy with a united North and get on very well with all sides of the FF-UK: North. It's a good family, and yeah we'll row, but I can see a good future. NW just has to get back on it's feet and move on.

But when we do get back on our feet we'll need some kind of person of "authority" (and the RSA didn't count since RSA looks after all FF-UK) at NW meets when Sie can't make most of them - if we become that active again. "Assistant CR" was always going to be an honourary position - if we wanted another CR we'd have to split the North. So it's more a recognition of work done by one member to further the NW, and they'll work alongside the main North CR to do that. As I said, it's honourary, and all FF-UK North by NW members (all three of us lol) get to have a say in NW future. But it'll be good to have someone there who is working closely with the CR, because there is an issue that could happen with NE having so many meets and close contact with the CR (and it's not happened yet) where NW feel excluded from inputting to the CR when we don't get to see him much, nor hear great ideas that are voiced at meets.

I'd ask one thing of the CR and Assistant CR, something I feel strongly about as a member of the North - and it's a general view and not necessarily an observation of where we are. If there is important stuff to be discussed in terms of where we want to go, what meets we hold, or any other FF-UK North business - they it needs to be discussed in view of all members here on these forums. CR and Assistant CR will chat about possible initial ideas amongst themselves, but asap those ideas need to be posted (complete or not) - ideas are there for the group to discuss, the finer (ie more delicate) prepartions of meets don't. So if you have an idea, post it and let the group discuss it. I think when I was more active here before becoming RSA I posted loads of ideas, some were used, some weren't. It's that positive action that will drive us forward. From experience, it's the members who make/break clubs because it's their support CRs need. I know there is stuff that needs to go above, but we have always been an open chapter in terms of planning - it's about what members want, though I will always stand by a CR who has a vision that they want to put on the group. I'll stand by Sie and Cozmic.
  4. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That I can understant Tim, you did bring that up at Manchester so I'm aware of what to do in the future when the the planing of meets come up.
    I can't remember if I said at the time but I didn't post any of what was discussed because I didn't think it was my place to at the time even when I was in the running for the title, I thought Sie would have posted the ideas. Not trying to pass the buck here, I just don't want to step on anyones toes and gets ideas above my station.
    That was one thing that worried me about about taking the title of Assistant, was that I didn't want to forged head with ideas and plans and start to upset people. Last thing I want is for the North to think that I'm getting carried away and taking the title too serious.

I'm very honored that people want me to do this job, and will happily step down if I'm not doing the job. Because all I want is to help :)
    And Tim don't worry, I know you wheren't having a go :p
  5. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aye, I wasn't ;) :p
    Just pointing out important stuff to me and if I know one thing from my tenure as RSA, constructive criticism (which leads to good action) is a billion times more helpful than saying something is crap and then not giving a reason. Also, what I said isn't necessarily aimed at the CRs, it's all of us. We all make this group. We can't rely on just two people to do it, we have to get off our butts and do it too. It's good to have two people in positions who actually are interested in making a difference (and in a positive way rather than "we are better than you" way), hence why I think North has a great future.

As for forging ahead, we just need to post ideas (lots of em because some will be dropped, quite often only a few get picked up), the forums tend to be quiet of actual ideas sometimes (aside for the two big NE meets and CE), we need for everyone to be looking into stuff to do around here, suggest it and see what reaction we get. I know with CE being this year it's going to take a chunk of people's money, but it doesn't stop us having smaller localised meets. We just need a day when all three of us can go - I am ok Sat, Sun and Monday usually.

As for posting stuff said at Manchester, go for it. We all have a voice and a right to use it. If there was something specific that the CR needs to post, then of course don't. If I were to get upset when someone posted something I wanted to say before me, I'd have already gone insane whilst RSA. It's not about who had the idea first, it's about getting the idea working. You two are a team now, so you can discuss limits (if u have them) in private. But as a NW representative, I think you can go ahead and post NW stuff, Sie is better covering linked NE/NW and NE, you helping with the linked. But no one in North should be afraid of posting a meet idea and seeing what others think. When that days happens, when someone doesn't post because it wasn't the CRs idea, then that's the day we failed as a group. CR is there to come up with ideas too, help make ideas by other members work and be our point of contact. Idea input should come from all members, we all have varied interests and it's fun to find out when others share em.
  6. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    What Tim said :p

The North is a family, everyone is just as important as the other. I might have a fancy blue colour in my name, but it doesn't make me anymore of a Northern member than anybody else. Everyone is welcome to post whatever ideas they have, to be discussed by the North as a group. I'd rather not do private boards; we as a group have nothing to hide, and we're open to everyone, especially people that may be tempted to join us. If there's something that needs private discussion then Cozmic and I can talk over it on MSN, but it will be posted publically once we know where we're going with it.

And I'm confused about the ideas for meets thread? Didn't we post one? I'm sure I also said you (Cozmic) could do it :p
  7. Ranouch_Heath Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry ! Ive gone through the threads posted on here I cant see any open discussion aposted about having a Asst CR
    I can see where your coming from the fact you came up with it at a Group get together like (Manchester ) The problem I have it there Is NO posts on here I can find that say you opened a Thread to gague peoples veiws rather than to come up with it after handing the roll over !

I may sound p***ed off with the idea but
    You dont need an Asst CR I can think the North west members can run them selfs without needing someone in charge

8. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    The Assistant CR idea was covered at the December meet in The Tavern, Dave. You were there.

And it was more of an administration decision than anything else. And Cozmic is Assistant CR because I can't do the North West's local stuff, because I'm not from the North West, and I don't have a clue what goes on there, and where's good to go or not go.
  9. Ranouch_Heath Jedi Knight

star 3
    I dont Re call it being said at the Taven in December the fact should be sie it should have been posted on here for all members to veiw it !

10. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Why? It doesn't affect the North East, and the North West all approve it.

And it's not my fault you don't remember the discussion. As a group we had a long discussion over the issue, mostly related to whether or not NE and NW were to split or remain in the North and I mentioned the Assistant CR job as a solution. There didn't need to be a topic about it because Tim resigned as RSA, and we were unsure about where to go until the Manchester meet. And then all it needed was for Cozmic to become Assistant CR. Like I said, it doesn't really affect any of the North Eastern members.
  11. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    congrats Coz - sorry Im late - been eating choc....

I think we were all happy to support the idea of you in an Asst CR role when it was discussed at the meet, makes sense as one person cannot cover all the North and the more helping hands the better - I know we all do our bit in some shape or fashion because the North alone is so big (ooer missus :p).

[face_dancing]
  12. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dave I don't understand why your unhappy about this :( Yes we can manage ourselfs down in the North West but we still need someone to bring it all together.

As people have said, the North is to big just for one person to look after on their own.
  13. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    When all is said and done, it's just a title, and a role. A role that can only be done by a North West member, as it concerns local stuff in their neck of the woods. If the Northern CR was based in the North West, you can bet your ass that we in the NE would be wanting someone based locally in the North East to organise our local meets and events. Appointing Cozmic as Assistant CR (and believe me, there were other options for his custom title such as Assistant Rep, FFUK:NW Rep etc, but we chose that) is no different than say...appointing someone as Secretary for the North.
  14. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dave, when the position was first discussed behind the scenes it was because the NW was extremely active in meet terms, NW was having more social meets with its members than any other group (and NE was about equal). Not one of those meets had a CR present, partly because they were small meets - about 4-6 members - but meets none-the-less, and it was a reality that the CR could not make it over from NE coast for these meets. So NW in a way "lost out". At that point there was talk about NW going it alone, something I was strongly against, but if I were honest we were that active we could have done it. You know what, I lost a friendship I considered important because I stood up for the North as a whole Dave, said we should not split. And tbh, the NW being so active was up to the NW, its members put a lot of effort into our side of the North (as does the NE crowd), but now because I stood up for the North as a whole ('cos I think you are all great) I lost a friend who left because the North did not split. It's a real shame, but that's how it goes. So please can you stop complaining about why there was no thread - there was no thread because it wasn't a great time for NW, it was a NW situation, and in the end NW chose to stand by the North as a whole and lost a very active member because of that decision.

There is a definite need to at least have someone to represent the North CR at NW meets and that was not a decision for the North as a whole tbh. Hence an assistant and no vote (you realise the NW is down to 3 members but still active?). I don't think NE members know much about NW regions or who knows what in the NW group, neither do we think to know the NE. It needed to be someone placed in the NW, and Coz will do a good job, I am out of the political side of the FF-UK because quite frankly I have seen some appalling stuff by people "claiming" not to be interested in power but ready to accuse others of that same thing.
  15. Ranouch_Heath Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dave why Dont you keep your Big mouth shut next time ! (Note to self)

Sie I dont remember a lot of things to be honest - Im NOT having a go at Cozmic Yes the NW should have some person to work with the CR in keeping the northen boards working as One - Its just the way I word things - Its Ok saying it in a Pub setting I was just saying it should have been put on here for ALL to see !

Cozmic I wish you all the best in your new role as Asst CR

16. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] God I love politics. I say we form our own PM's question time, NW on one side of the room, NE on the other and wave rolled up papers at eachother while we shout "NERRRRRRRR" and our respective reps insult eachother and try to look smug.
  17. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Nah, what we have here is a Blair-Brown situation :p
  18. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So I've got to wait a few years before I get your job? :p
  19. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Yes, I will procrastinate on leaving the job, and when I do, we'll just throw another leadership election :p
  20. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  21. khabarakh23 Jedi Master

star 4
    GO GO NORTHERNERS!!

We/you rock!! I've just moved down south so technically i'm a southener. but always a northener at heart
  22. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    [face_talk_hand] ya traitor

:p J/K.

Nice to see you up here, dude. Always welcome. Once a Northerner, always a northerner.
  23. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  24. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Along with the curry and/or beer ;)
  25. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.