main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON 30th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Robert, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah i'll be able to get to the speakers corner. I'll buy the saber after my first paycheck from my job and give it my stepfathers friend who'll give it to the director. He constantly goes up to toronto so he'll be able to do drop it off immediatly.

I'm not going to make the obi wan saber. I'm going to go up to heroes or comic book collector and get it there due to my discounts.

2. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    yeah city TV, much and a half dozen more all in one building. At lest that's how it was last time I went there but that was 8 years ago.

3. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I was there about 10 or 11 years ago, I think Diva had just started up then, and Space wasn't around yet.

4. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok, it's been 2 weeks since I posted on londonclassified.ca and we have had 74 hits. It shows that there is a lot of interest in London.

While on the topic of interest in london I think the walk we had in Springbank Park to day, in costume full costume made a lot a children go home and watch Star Wars. It will be interesting to see how we do down town on Tuesday. Also I thing Brandons idea of picking up the prizes in costume is a good one. What does everyone else think?

After watching the video that we took today, I was a little serprised at something. Brandon you suck as a camera person, Andrew was good but Janet was was so good. She kept on the picture and held it steady. Janet you are a natural at working with a camera.

5. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    um... Thanks. I havent' had much opportunity to use a camera before. I suck at taking pictures though.

6. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    That's easy to teach. I can give you some pointers. With video most people have a problem with holding the camera steady. However, a side from that the bigest problem is the people want to see what is going on so they don't stay focased on looking through the camera. That's when you start shouting peoples feet & croches.

That's probably why I don't have any problems seeing with a troopers helmet on. I spent years seeing only what's in front of me with a camera.

7. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    well you can hold the camera next time. Plus it's not my fault that I put the camera down with it running.

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    No you would start talking to someone and turn the camera down to their feet. We want to see who you are talking to as well.

On a nother note I was at McCulloch's to day and they may donate to our event.

9. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    nice. Well at least at the event I'll have a microphone and be more professional.

10. Darth_Sniklefritz

Darth_Sniklefritz Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2006
    so realy you won't be holding the camera will you?

11. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    no I'll get someone else to hold the camera.

12. Darth_Sniklefritz

Darth_Sniklefritz Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2006
  13. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I may have someone else to hold the camera next time.

14. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    For a while, I wanted to do anything in the entertainment industry, even if it was camera person for the news. I'd rather work with colours or fabrics, lighting or costumes, but I don't see much opportunity for that right now.

15. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    You mean here instead of now?

I was in televion and did all that but there is nothing here really, but news. If we had the industry like Toronto or Vancouver, I'd be working from one end to the other.

16. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I mean now as in now in my life. I'm rather tied to London, and my boyfriend's family has already had one bad experiance with CFPL in the last few years. I think it was mostly the fault of the person involved though.

I keep thinking it would be fun to make a short movie, like the ones they play on Space, but I don't really have a location or a story yet. I'm more into costumes, props, lighting, etc.

17. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I know that feeling.

18. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Hey Brandon, I need to pick up some of those flyers or are handing them out yourself?

19. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok, I made safer sabers to use in May. I need victims willing to test them?

20. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    Sorry Rob but I never went to school today. I became very sick during the night and for most of the day. You do not want the details of how bad it was. I'll make out some more posters when i go back to school tuesday.

21. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    I'll help out if I feel better this weekend. Hopefully this time I won't break any fingers. The last sentence was not a joke but a serious comment.

22. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok, My computer died a couple of days ago and had to replace my hard drive.

That's my reason for not being online lately but where did everyone else go?

23. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Easter Weekend. I havent' been home since Saturday at 5:30 am.

I'd be willing to test the safer lightsabers. Do I have a willing victim?[face_devil]

24. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah everyones been pretty much dead this weekend. I found out why Jan hasn't been answering my emails. For some reason her email service keeps setting her contacts from her address book to spam so all the emails I've sent to her lately were sent to her junk box.

I'll try out the sabers when my hands get better. I hurt them pretty bad monday turning some metal.

25. darthsolvo

darthsolvo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2007
    oi brandon can i get a couple of those flyers because i have some people interested in atending but i dont know all the details and it would be easier to give them a flyer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.