main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON 30th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Robert, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Yeah the box with the prizes. It's nothing too big just like an office box. And remember it's also Soares that is with me at that time for pick up as well. So we'll be up at 5:00 or so, get changed and ready.

2. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    Yeah I believe it was that Palpy bust that will be for the raffle. The 3rd place prizes will be one of the gift certificates, 2nd place will be the miniatures, and first will be the books unless that doesn't sound good. I don't see a problem of displaying them it may be in fact a great eye catcher. Hmm how about on the wednesday I bring a list with the prizes down so we can review it and talk it over some more. Also anyone have a problem with me bringing in one of the prizes to show during the interview? I think the Palpy bust will be a good one.

3. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Just a question about Wednesday... Do we know what time the show will be on?

4. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah that is a good question. What time is it on at Robert? Also Brandon won't be able to go because of the damn school. He got pulled out of school and he's trying to get back in.

5. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    The show is live. It repets around 6:00 and 11:00, we can get a schedual when we are there.

What happen to Dark Horse? What's this about 1st, 2nd and 3rd. There should be 4 winners for the saber contest and 4 winners for the costume contest And one for the childrens colouring. If we do 1st, 2nd & 3rd we need around 27 prizes

6. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    sorry i got my list mixed up with another thing i was thinking about. And I don't know what the **** happend with Dark Horse. Jan has not been returning my emails and I don't believe we'll be getting their support unless Jan is planning on overnighting them to us.

7. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Yeah that's why I never bought raffle tickets. Bring your list to Roger's and we'll talk about it there.

8. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    I thought the bust was going to be the raffle prize incase we didn't get anything from her. She finally replied to my emails though. This is what she wrote:

"Hi Brandon--

Not sure. I've been so swamped with work--and with C4 coming up I have not had a moment to get stuff packed up or go to the P.O.

Getting all this together for you may take time I don't have right now. I'd be sorry to disappoint, but sometimes there just are not enough hours in the day to get everything done I should be doing.

How's FedEx on getting things to you guys?

Jan"

If she does send things and nothing arrives in time we can just do a draw for them or something.

9. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I do have raffle tickets if we need them... but they aren't the double roll, we'd have to tear them in half.

Edit: I could always make a few more pillows if we want more prizes.

10. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    We don'y need more prizes but we need to deside as a group or at lest the ones of us doing the work, what prizes are for what. Also yes we did say that the bust could be a back up but we are not there yet.

On a nother note. I have 50 trooper masks to give out to the kids. I printed them on card paper and cut them out.

11. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    okay she may be trying to fedex them. She just sent an email wanting to confirm my address.

12. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    That's cool.

Here's something else, who is making ice to keep the drinks cold or does some else have the money to buy it. Once again did Leia say she is going to get those coolers or not. We only have 2 days left and we do not want to look like a bunch of idoits who can't even make a picnic work. So lets all make some ice.

Here's what I have:
    foam sabers
    large sabers
    5 clip boards
    guest book
    2 pens
    10 colouring books
    2 boxes of crayons
    6 plastic tablecovers
    200 napkins
    150 small paper plates
    120 plastic forks
    120 plastic knives
    60 plastic spoons
    mustard & ketchup & relish
    3 jumbo party balloons
    4 little tropies for saber contest (need lables)
    pilons & rope
    50 paper tooper masks
    and a display of the London Rogues
    I'm making ice
    propane BBQ
    1 garbage can & bages
    1 blue box @ bages
    donation jar
    105 bottles of water
    24 cans coke
    30 cans pepsi
    24 can mix from crush
    48 small bags of chips
    36 larger bags of chips
    24 burgers & buns
    1 realy big CAKE.
    I have 1 volunteer cook
    2 volunteers to handle the donation jar, hand out business cards & masks.
    2 parametics from ST. Johns

Leia has:
    sign
    banner
    1 cooler

Ok, can everyone else list what they have so that we can think of what is missing.

13. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    Okay guys here is what I'm bringing to the event:
    -The prizes ( palpy bust, episode 2 visual dictionary, 3 $10 Heroes gift certificates,5 $5 neo tokyo certificates, starw ars miniatures, 2 mini busts, and the star wars source book)
    -big block of ice for the coolers
    -my volunteers (I've got 3 of them but only 1 has to leave early about 5pm and one will be with me when janet picks me up and the other will be arrive there later)
    -The volunteer badges
    -Lil' Goddess Girl
    -The sign up sheets and guest lists
    -My cameras for the documentary

And thats about it. If i remember anything else I'll put it up.

14. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I have:

12 pillows
    1 lawn chair
    1 cooler (if needed)
    raffle tickets (if needed)
    I'll see what containers I can scrounge to make ice
    I can also make bandanas and/or scrunchies with Star Wars fabric I have on hand.

15. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005

that's cool, something for the girls. That goes well with the trooper masks.

16. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I think the bandanas are easier, but I'll try both.

17. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I made an up date on my list with water,pop,chips and burgers. There goes another $100.

18. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok, who taped the show?

I sent the pic that Roger's took to everyone with an e-mail.

19. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    I'm getting it tonight.

20. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    well, I taped it and I'm going to make copies for L.A.Moods, Heros, the Comic Book Colector, Neo Tokyo and Woulds Away.

21. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Here's a review for what we hope Friday will be.

6:00 am. we meet ing the park.
    8:00-12:00 any arons that have to be done.
    2:30 I will be making a run downtown to pick people up. If your in school downtown let me know and I'll pick you up.
    3:30 our BBQ starts & vote for board of directors.
    4:00 we start the events
    6:00 the 12 & under - 13-18 saber costest should done. We need to try and get everyone together for a group photo & cake.
    6:30-8:00 are the two adult saber contests.

22. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I got an e-mail today from Kevin Roche a journalist student at University of Western Ontario who is planning on covering the event.

23. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Sounds good

I got 6 scrunchies done, but my sewing machine broke (literally, a piece broke off the bobbin section) so I can't use it unless I can get a replacement piece or borrow a sewing machine.

24. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    Okay i went to the chum station today when I was toronto and I dropped off our information and a store poster for them. I was able to talk to Kim and she'll forward it to the manager of the space show.

25. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I'm sure they'll rush right over. Not!

They don't do small potatos.

also brandon, I made up some guest list sheets because I didn't think we talked about where they heard about the event. So don't print any of them off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.