main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

31/10/05 ROTS DVD release meet up

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by TheDarthVader, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    ?NATIONAL DAY OF DARKNESS? BEFALLS HMV FOR STAR WARS EPIII REVENGE OF THE SITH DVD
    AND BATTLEFRONT II VIDEO GAME LAUNCHES

Date: Monday, 31st October 2005

Venue: HMV, 150 Oxford Street, London, W1

Time: 12 noon ? Ground floor stage area

The DVD is finally here. Many of us have waited decades for epiii and it was sure worth the wait. Our chance to take this piece of Star Wars history home has finally come and the release of the DVD is marked with what will hopefully be a momentous event.

The event will include:
    The UK Garrison
    Mr C3P0 ? signing autographs
    Free Darth Vader Helmets for the first 300 + T Shirt
    Loads of crazed Star Wars Fans
    And hopefully much more

Such an event has to be graced with the presence of the FFUK, your attendance is imperative, plus our very own Yoda will be there.

It will be Halloween, so we have the perfect excuse to don a Star Wars costume and look like fools. I will be wearing my ROTS Anakin Style Jedi outfit.

Please post to confirm your attendance. I believe we should get there early so we can make sure we are in the first 300.I will post a time shortly. I will also post you with my mobile number.

2. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Day is booked off work so count me in.
    I have no costume though!

3. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    can you not throw something together? luke ROTJ is easy

4. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Not really.
    No money mate.
    I will go as me.
    If I can throw something together I will.

5. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004

I HATE SCHOOL

6. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005

You shoud have said that before, I need not worry now

7. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I'd love to go, but right now it's looking unlikely due to other commitments, but I will still try.
    I was planning on making it to HMV for about 9:00-ish if I was able to go.
    I'll let you know as soon as I can confirm either way, and I'll give you my mobile number too if I can make it.

btw you need at least 3 memebers for an official meet ;)

8. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    As expected, I wont be able to make it now, sorry :(
    If things change late on, I'll let ya know.

By the sounds of things, there will hopefully be at least three of you, which is good. Have a good time!! :D

9. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    sorry to hear that, it would have been great to have you there. There will be loads of other events in the future.

Attending:
    Jedi Jimbo
    SithLordDarthRichie
    TheDarthVader

At least this will be an official meet, providing there are at least 3 of us. If you would like to be added to the list please post ASAP. I will be there at around 9:00 to make sure I have a good place. If it is permissible, I will try and keep some places open.

Shame this was scheduled on the 31st Oct; as the 30th is a Sunday a midnight launch was ruled out and at noon on the 31st, most people will be at work and school.

10. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    Which DV helemt do you think they will be giving out?

My guess is the cheap hasbro one, 300 are being given out so it will probably be the cheap one.

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I think it'll also be the cheap one, not sure how much they cost but probably a few quid. The t-shirt however should be great. The Toys 'R' Us midnight madness t-shirts this year were great, so if I did go that would be the main reason, I'd have a pair then :p

There's still a sliver of a chance I may make it, so put me on stand-by!

12. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    Lord-Tice, it would be great to have you there, good luck trying to work around you commitments.

Attending:
    Jedi Jimbo
    SithLordDarthRichie
    TheDarthVader
    on Stand By: Lord-Tice

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I need to go and find my stuff for Mr Daniels to sign since its not likely I'll be buying ROTS on DVD

14. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    What did you have in mind?

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000

BAH!!! Who needs sleep? I'm have class first thing in the morning and I'm still attending our midnight event! :D

16. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005

The UK release is not a midnight one! The UK release is on Monday the 31st Oct, a midnight release was not scheduled as this would have meant doing the event on Sunday - Monday. As a result the release is happening at noon 31 st Oct. Due to this some of our members cannot attend as this would cause them to miss school or work.

17. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If we need to get early, what time should we arrange to arrive?

19. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    I was thinking of getting there for around 9:00. If we get there early and there are no queues then we can wonder about London, Forbidden Planet etc. SithLordDarthRichie are you going to wear a mandalorian costume or any other SW costume?

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I've decided to throw other committments out the window and will play catch up later in the day when I get back, so I plan on coming :D

I'm aiming to get there for 8ish, and even if there is no queue, I'll hang around because it could get busy very quickly.

TDV, I'll PM you my mobile, although I hope I should be able to recongise you quite easily.

As for Ant Daniels, I'll bring something for him to sign too (probably a figure) but if they say he will only sign DVDs and/or BFII games, I'll probably say 'no thank you', will trun into a green lizard and fly away into the setting sun......!

21. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    Attending:
    Jedi Jimbo
    SithLordDarthRichie
    TheDarthVader
    Lord-Tice

Great to have you there Matt. I will do my best to arrive at 8. If not, I should be there some time around 9 at the latest.

22. JunoirVader

JunoirVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2004
    Agh, stupid school! I wish I could come.

23. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    Shame you cannot be there. The release event was rather ill planned, as most people will be at work or school.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Alas my Mandalorian suit is still under construction, and with my lack of money it will not be finished for some time.
    Still I will dress in as much black as I can, and bring my leather jacket (which happens to be dark blue, but it still looks cool) :D

I dont think I'll be there as early as 9, maybe 10, I will see

Does anyone know whether the DVD & VHS will be on sale before 12?
    I only ask cos my dad can get discount in HMV on stuff and said hes OK with coming along to get me stuff cheap if he doesn't have to stand around till 12 waiting for the DVD/VHS to be ready

25. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005

It should be, as most shops will probably have it on their shelves for opening time. Please do not take as a guarantee though. In contrast, it does defeat the point of this grand opening to start selling it before hand. Another point, I do not know if every shop will be supplied with the VHS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.