32 Silver Fetts from GenCon On ebay..

Discussion in 'Indianapolis, IN' started by sargsidius, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sargsidius Jedi Knight

Upon checking ebay I found an auction for a case of 32 Sivler Boba Fetts from GenCon. This ebayer boast about how he was lucky enough to get these figures from Indy GenCon. My question is was there a case of these missing at the end of the day.Kinda makes you wonder since we were limited to 2 per weekend plus the 1 at the breakfast.
  2. Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President

VIP
    star 3
    Better post on this thread before it gets locked!! GADS!

Anywhoo.......

There could be a couple of games afoot here.

A) Someone (dealer) grabbed one of the empty boxes and bought up enough to fill it. I saw buy prices of $15. So the min or BIN should be pretty hefty.

B) There were enough people around the figure area (I was one of them) that I doubt anyone just grabbed up one. However I think there might have been a backdoor transaction go down. Just out of curiosity, what is the location of the seller.

Dan I think you know where I am going with that....

Don't you?!!?

C)Someone grabbed an empty box and is trying to pass it off as a case on eBay.

3. Incom4 Jedi Master

star 4
    He has his location as Bedford
  4. sargsidius Jedi Knight

The Guy who had the sign buying fetts for $15 could be the one. I know him from Michigan toy shows. But, yeah there could of been some back door transactions going on as well.
  5. DarthAcroyear Jedi Master

star 1
    The guy Rory, Kim and I saw with the sign is from north of FT. Wayne. Bedford is south of Bloomington. Perhaps there is more then one dealer buying Fetts at GenCon.
  6. Redphive5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was so involved with my games, I didn't get down to the main exhibit hall until after 6:00 and they were closed.

If anyone has an extra silver Fett, please let me know. If not, I guess I'll wait until they're available from the Fan Club.

Thanks!
  7. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Just a quick update on this topic for everyone.

I informed Mary this morning about this auction. IT IS BOGUS!!! It has to either be a sealed case from another con, or someone who resealed an open box and just filled it with Fetts.

The reason is that Mary did an inventory of ALL the Fett stock last night after closing, compared it to the sales receipts and the remaining stock. Every Fett was accounted for. She said she would come on and post, but obviously that is not necessary.

So, if you know of anyone who is even considering bidding this auction, please inform them that it is bogus.

Thanks all, Jay
  8. sargsidius Jedi Knight

Thanx Jay for checking into that.
  9. DARTHWICKET_3 Jedi Knight

Please estend our thanks to mary as well for checking into that. I am unable to make the con and must wait for the Fan club release.

Here is hoping there is some left for the fan club. Crossing fingers!!!

10. BILYOUMAUL Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Redphive!!! I have an extra if you would like one please pm me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.