main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

32 Year old Ahsoka Tano's physical apperance

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Mar 4, 2015.

?

Her appearance in Rebels

1. I like it

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. I don't like it

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I prefer the TCW appearance

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. I prefer the Rebels appearance

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I've seen that divide a few fans in the couple of days it's been out there.

So, what do you think?

Poll is multiple choice, because it's possible even those who do like it nonetheless might have a prefernece one way or the other.

Me: I like it, if for no other reason than it highlights her alienness. For a lot of TCW it almost seemed like she was a human in orange body paint and a funny hat. The evolution of her facial markings and horn structure in perhaps unexpected ways are a welcome reminder that "hey, this girl's an alien you know, in case you could have forgot".

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't like it.

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't like either look but appreciate that they're realistic in that appearance and markings change with age.

4. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I don't like it, but I was prepared for it by seeing first Obi-Wan and then Tarkin. It was obvious that characters carried over from TCW were going to be redesigned to fit the Rebels aesthetic, and that though the new designs would be interesting, they wouldn't look exactly like they did in TCW even when accounting for differences in age. So braced, I was ready when Neo-Ashoka showed up. I don't HATE the design, but I got so used to seeing her in the TCW style that this is obviously going to take some adjustment.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I guess it's growing on me. I mean there are some pretty big differences in the looks of TCW Obi-Wan and Rebels Obi-Wan, or TCW Bail and Rebels Bail - just by virtue of the change in artistic style. The softer textures of Rebels look more real to the actors that depicted those characters, so the change in style is easy to handle since Bail looks more like Jimmy Smits and Obi-Wan looks more like McGregor. But Ahsoka never had a live action counterpart, so she looks more bizarre since rather than looking at her under the lens of "she looks more like her live action counterpart" the thing that immediately jumps out at me is "she looks really different than she did in TCW." But so too does Luminara, Bail, or Obi-Wan.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like it a lot. Her face was too "cute" in TCW. She's pretty now.

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I can understand the change in artistic style. I think the decision to change her markings so radically was odd. They didn't see fit to change her markings when an apparition of Ahsoka's future self appeared.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The change in markings on her face actually aren't as jarring to me as the change in lekku markings.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well they do not look like tattoos, but actual skin patterns as altering through age. Am curious over Maul too, as boy Maul already had his pattern. Ventress however appears to not to have any patterns / tattoos prior to her allegiance to the Sith .

9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Are Togruta lekku markings something that the species is born with, or are they something like tattoo's? If it's the latter then it may explain why they are different.

10. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    It's too much to me. I like the design, just not for Ahsoka. It's just far too drastic. Even for someone who aged 15 years.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    There's already 3 Ahsoka threads floating about, I don't think we need more. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.