main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark 327th, arkansith, GAR

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ti7267, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    Henry and I agree we need to make these three groups in our state here work together, we came up with a half idea of next function would be like GAR with association with Arkansith,327th, then the next event after that would be 327th star corps w/ association arkansith, gar That way there is no power struggles of events and gives everyone the same thing.

327th Star Corps
    http://www.327thstarcorps.com im the LXO of that we take all costumes/fan club based

GAR
    http://www.grandarmy.org :)

We really need to start using the forums that Tracy has i think we would have better control and probably better information stuff :)

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    This sounds good. We have three potentially strong groups that have membership in Arkansas. Many of us already belong to at least two of these groups. Lets step back and look at the big picture as far as events go: The purpose of getting in a costume and participating in an event such as the Make A Wish thing yesterday, which had members present in costume from the 501st, ArkanSith, GAR, and 327th Star Corps, is to make a difference in the community. It's not about who got their name in the paper. It's not about "recognition" for the group. It's first and foremost about what we did yesterday. We made a difference in the lives of a family. Those of you who were there and saw the ear to ear grin on that little boys face (and if you go to the make a wish thread and read the thank you from his mom who registered on this site just to say thanks to us) you'll understand what was important about yesterday.
    So, instead of competing against each other, I am for working together...If "credit" becomes too much of a problem then maybe we just need to come up with some kind of generic name to use for joint events, you know, something like the Arkansas Star Force or something like that and acknowledge that those events are joint efforts of all three groups. (thats not really a name suggestion, it is kind of silly, but you get the idea...) Or perhaps we should act nice and not worry about the "credit" in the first place. It's not what the whole thing is about. I don't care one way or the other about who gets credit for what. I just care that we continue with the community service we've got going and make a difference in the ways we can. And if we get to do something that we love to do (dress up like the nerds we are...I hope that I'm not insulting anyone...and play with our Star Wars stuff) well, thats just an added bonus.

Lets pool our resources, work together, you know all that motivational stuff.

So, thats my two cents there, and my opinion is to work co-operatively.

Bacon

3. Astiateu

Astiateu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2006
    I think it will be great to coordinate our efforts. I, personally, do not care about credit. I think that if a child remembers that Star Wars came to them, we did a good job, but if they remember the 501st, or the 327th, or Fan Force, or whatever, came to see them, then we missed the mark, you know?

4. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    I so totally agree

5. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    The GAR is a pretty all-encompassing group, from what I understand. I put in my application today, keeping my fingers crossed.[face_praying]

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I will say this though. Not to be detrimental to the new forums or anything, but TFN has way too much "attractiveness" on the net. Having TFN as a home base for new members is the most important aspect of the forums here. I checked out the new forums, and while I do like the layout MUCH better, I think we're selling ourselves short if we abandon TFN. To better this idea, I would suggest that any topics being discussed or posted over at the new forums be duplicated here too. I just don't see how it could hurt having both, but dropping TFN wouldn't be too swell of an idea, IMHO. ;)

7. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    As one of the Generals of the GAR, I would deeply encourage you all to not abandone any forum. We have no problems with members being in 1, 2, 50 different groups.
    As for the charity thing, I will make it official here. Some Generals of the GAR aren't keen on the idea, but as the Gen. over this area, it is a focus point of mine. The choice to do charity events will be up to each squad, nothing is being forced. I could only dream of trooping with all GAR members, but really it doesn't matter who I troop beside when the cause is worth while. The Arkansith, 327th and GAR are all brothers for the same cause in my opinion.
    If any of you ever come to the GAR or have a question about it, please don't hesitate to PM me here or on the GAR site.
    Sincerely,

Chase Ke Jac
    GAR 4-0197
    General and Moderator
    Group 4 ARC Commander

8. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    It's not about abandoning one board or the other.

It's about cooperating with each other within the state, (like we did with Make A Wish)

We're not abandoning the site here at force.net, but have some members with no access to this board.

And I try (and I add that I am saying try...) to keep the stuff from both posted here.

I might be behind, but usually keep up.

So, it's just more about access, not abandonment.

9. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    i think no one is leaving the forum here just we have 4 groups that are in arkansas GAR, 501st, 327th, and Fanforce and we have to work together for our goals

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.