main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

352 action figure

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Aayla__Secura, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I have never counted my figures. But I am busy completing my vintage collection. I've found some stores that have vintage figures that are played with, but in good condition (tight joints, good paint, etc.)

When I was a kid, I used to have a little book in which I wrote every figure I bought. Maybe I can dig it up somewhere...

2. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I have been meaning to put togeter a database with all of the figures I have and the ones or variants I am in need of. Yes I know I am totally anal about star wars, a completest to the bitter end.

I open all my toys, I mean action figures. I store them in fishing tackle boxes and have a closet full of those, much easier to store than that damned darth vader carry case.

If only hasbro would have a star wars hiatus for about a year so I can catch up on all the final wave figures and overseas only figs that I need. I am going broke with this so called hobby of mine!

Oh I dont care if you claim yours is bigger than mine. I am happy with the size of my collection and have never had any complaints about how it performs either!

3. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I honestly have no idea how many Star Wars figures I have. remember counted before I bought the Episode II figures and back then it was up over 200 I think, So I'm sure I have well over 300 by now. Maybe one day I will count. I'm looking at a good 50 that I have added in the last 2 months alone so I'm sure I have quite a few. I think this would be a good time for the Collection Pictures thread to resurface

4. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    The only reason that I know how many figures that I have is for the insurance that I have on my collection. Everything I have is on spreadsheet. So it is easy to count.

Now I have a question for eveyone. The 3 pack of Clone troopers that came out in the Clone Wars line do you guys count each figure as one? I know that they are the same figure but different color so I count each one.

5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Robert I had to do the same for insurance purposes. I would count them as individuals. Actually my figure count is going to drop by as much as 200 figures this year as I am altering my collection and getting rid of duplicates.

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Man, I hate math :mad:... Hmmmmm, let me do
    a little guesstimating here. Naught into naught is X
    and the inverted factor of Y2 is equal to the angle
    of the hypotenuse....

Lets say 200 + and counting. :D

7. RandallFett

RandallFett Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    Tom me the number of figure you have makes little difference compared to the rare items that individuals have.

8. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Why does rarity even matter when you get right down to it?

Whats the point of having a Honus Wagner if you don't like baseball?
    Why have an Action Comics #1 if you couldn't care less about comics?
    I can't think of a good example for SW figures but the point is even if it was the rarest figure in exsistance if you look at it and think its the ugliest stupidest thing ever made why would you want it?

9. RandallFett

Nov 4, 2004
    Sure there are crappy figures and cool figures, I'm not talking figures....I'm talking about pieces of a collection that are real stand outs.

A 6 foot podracer
    R2D2 coolers
    The life-size Watto and Yodas from Pepsi
    The Master Replica lightsabers
    and more

They are conversation pieces more than a figure from Target.

10. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    Conversation pieces?

You mean like this:

"Cool, where did you get that 6 foot pod racer that is sitting in the middle of your living room obstrucing the television?"

"Ebay"

"Nice"

"Yep"

"Got any Dip?"

11. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    "Got any Dip?"

"Yep its in the R2D2 cooler"

See its just like having a real conversation.

12. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    Awesome, now all I have to do is find some friends for sale on ebay and then they can come over and we could chat in the basement of my mothers house!

13. RandallFett

Nov 4, 2004
  14. Drador

Drador Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    i only have 223 action figures in their boxes :( i need more! but i have around 50 out of their package

15. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I'm sure I have a couple hundred figures. I don't buy every single figure though so I don't have every Luke, Leia, Vader, etc. Still I know I have a crap load of figures.

16. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    If I wasn't trying to drastically decrease the number of figures I have, I might have a semi-impressive number.

I have decided that while individually figures are a relatively inexpensive collectible, trying to find all of them, or even just all of the ones you want can be very difficult, and I would rather have one Gentle Giant mini-bust than 10 figures and the cost is the same and takes up a lot less space and displays better.

17. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    I agree with all those who have said that enjoying a few figures is better than having a boatload just for the sake of grabbing them all. I used to be a "completist" in the figure department, until they started coming out with new figures very similar to ones I'd bought in the recent past. Ones that just didn't interest me I've passed on now, and saved my money (which I have less of these days) for the figures I'll really enjoy.

I'm not sure how many figures I have, but I do know this - I only missed four of them in the POTF2 line since 95, got all but four of the TPM line, and missed about six in POTJ. After that, I've only collected about 50% to 75% of the figures that have come out in the lines since then, but they've all been ones I really wanted. If a figure doesn't interest me, I don't buy it - I don't have any friends who are collectors out here, so there's no sense in owning anything that doesn't interest me that someone else might want to buy.

I wonder how many figures total one would own if they'd bought only the basic figures for all of the (non animated) Star Wars figure lines that have come out since 95?

18. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    274 right here.

19. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Majik_Monkee: I don't have any friends who are collectors out here,...

Hey, what about us at these forums? [face_batting]

20. Senator_Palpy

Senator_Palpy Jedi Master

Mar 18, 2005
    I have 400+ figures. About 50 of those are clones. I would take pics but its a pain taking them all out and putting them back. In two weaks I'll try to get some up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.