main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL 3am DLP show

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by emdub, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emdub

emdub Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2004
    Was anyone planning on staying for the 3am showing at the AMC River East 21? I was thinking of snagging two more tickets for that and then grabbing some breakfast somewhere nearby before going home to collapse and then prepare for a night of dinner and seeing it again, probably at the River East again.

Just curious as I noticed they added a 3am and 5am show for the DLP theater.

2. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    That's a possibility! Better than waking up the family at 3AM!

3. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    What if it sucks?

Bosh

4. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Nap time!

5. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    [face_laugh]

This reminds me, I totally slept through most of the 9 am showing of AOTC. I had gone to the midnight showing, slept for one hour, then got up to get ready for TV interviews at 5 am.... all after sleeping outside for a few days.

~H~

6. emdub

emdub Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2004
    What is RotS sucks. Heh.

So yeah, 3am tickets are still available and my girl and I are heavily leaning towards getting a couple of 'em. So, anywhere good to snag breakfast down by the River East?

7. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Other than McNasties next to McClurg Court (5-10 minutes walk) you'll have to cab it or go to an over-priced hotel breakfast buffet.

Bosh

8. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    heather, i'm pretty sure I slept through the midnight screening itself...so I have you beat there. :)

i don't think i've been awake for an entire movie since 1986.

breakfast near River East...this is from memory, it's been a while, but if you go over one street to Ohio (the street the dearly departed McClurg Court was on) and head west, you'll eventually hit a pretty decent diner-type place on the right side of the street. I forget the name of it but its motif is something involving news reporters. It's in the lobby of a hotel.

affordable and not too undelicious, IMHO.

9. emdub

emdub Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2004
    Hmm. Well I derno. I think the woomang and I will just head back up towards home (Lincoln Square) and grab some breakfast at a Golden $adjective before crashing out. We'll miss ya, Matt. I just don't know what we'll do without you.

Oh yeah, breathe a bit easier.

------------------------
    matt maul
    "way too cool for your own good"

10. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    i think i'll breathe a lot easier being far from you sad sack pack of nerdy losers than you will from being without me.

sho NUFF.

11. Darth_Bicyclist

Darth_Bicyclist Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2004
    Hmm, I don't know if I can stay up all night anymore. Maybe ten years ago (on a college campus far, far away)....

But I am interested in taking in a second viewing sometime Thursday afternoon or evening. Since I'm taking the day off anyway (to sleep in), I figure once I get wake up in the afternoon I might as well go back. It looks like all the DLP showings at AMC 21 are still available except the 8:30 and 10:30 pm ones. Anyone up for, say, 3:30 pm on the 19th? Should this question be in a new thread?

Great to see everyone at the BBQ, by the way!

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.