main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3D/CGI Help wanted

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Scruff, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I have a non-Star Wars film in post-production. The 3d/cgi artist that has been involved has so many things going that he is not producing what we need. This is putting us way behind schedule. I hate to do this because the sample of his work are almost indistinguishable from an actual photographed prop. High quality is important on this project.

Anyone who would like to help, send me an email or PM.

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    You might want to give out a little more information on what this project is.. "non-SW" could mean anything.. could be something we'd like to work on.. could be something we don't.

3. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    ...or it could mean "Stargate-Delta" ;)

Have you started your compositing yet?
    That bluescreen (especailly with that lighting) looks like it's going to be a majore challenge.

Are there examples of the existing work?
    More detail on the work ahead would be a help to people that might consider this.

Have fun.

4. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    The Stargate film is what I was refering to.
    Yeah, we had serious bluescreen issues. Some of the shots we need will be on outdoor shots, not the bluescreen. We have to have a Greek-style temple and a pyramid ship to name two. Also needed will be a Goa'uld symbiote crawling out of someone's stomach.

5. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    I'd like to help, but I'm swamped with my own 3D fanfilm.

6. Cryptite_

Cryptite_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    w00t! Stargate!!! I love that.. Watched every SG-1 theres is thus far... I'd love to help but i'm tied up at the moment.. Good luck though!

7. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Have you tried the Requests thread in the SciFi3D forum? You may have better luck. Also, find some reference pictures, 3D artists need those. Alot.

8. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    I did post in the Request thread there, but no bites yet.

9. Saju

Saju Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2002
    I find myself seriously wondering whether or not any requests there ever get taken, or if CGI artists just laugh at those doing the requesting...

10. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I got a bite my first day, but that may be because I've been posting there with work I've done before, so they know I pull my weight.

11. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Stargate, huh? Well, now, that's a horse of a different color.. hehe.

In addition to an excellent Stargate model, I also have a near-perfect CGI Goa'uld Death Glider, if that'll be any use in any shots (unfortunately, I'd have to create those shots, I cannot redistribute the model).

Oh, and I've also figured out the "kawoosh" effect when the Stargate first turns on. It's time-consuming, but dead-on.

If you have any questions, or if you want to show me what you've got CGI-wise, I can see what I can offer. Drop me a line at jedi2016@verizon.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.