main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3D Clone Wars or Live Action Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Jan 5, 2008.

?

3D Clone Wars or Live Action Star Wars?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Live Action Series

71.9%
  2. 3d Clone Wars

28.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    OK, so if you had to choose which of the two upcomming TV series you most wanted to see, which one would you pick?

I'm going to be cruel and not leave an option for both, so you really have got to pick one or the other. ;)

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Live action series for me. As much as I'm interested in seeing the Clone Wars, what I'm really waiting for is new Star Wars. New characters. New planets. New situations. New music, etc.... A whole new batch of Lucas inspired creativity. Can't wait. :D

3. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    The Clone Wars will be cool, but the Live Action will be New stuff for us to see.

4. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    well seeing as I can't say both, I'm just going to say the Clone Wars....simply because it's much closer! Since we've already had a bite, I want the whole thing!

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    While I might regret this in the near future, I'm saying Clone Wars, only because I'm hoping against hope that we get a chance to see some of the background characters (Jedi, Separatists, etc) in action.

6. Blackfryar

Blackfryar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2007
    I voted LAS because clone wars 3D is the end of the clone wars multimedia production but LAS is all-new and so more exciting

7. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    3D Clone Wars

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, this pretty much sums up my feelings exactly.

If we didn't have Tartakovsky's Clone Wars cartoons before, I might have said Clone Wars.

9. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    As much as I want to say 3D Clone Wars, the Live Action series holds so many possibilities not to look forward to.

10. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Since the live action series sounds like it's actually going to be around 4 live action series, I'd have to go with it. But I'm so very excited for the Clone Wars series as well. It's a great time to be a SW fan.

11. Renzo

Renzo Jedi Knight

Feb 11, 2005
    They will both be great but I am more excited for the live action series.

12. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    As excited I am for the new prospect of a Live Action SW show, I'm going with the 3D CW. Just because I loved the Clone Wars storylines, the battle scenes and the little pieces of plot in between AOTC and ROTS. It'll be cool to see it in 3D, thats something new too, y'know.

Plus.... Anakin is hot. No Ani in LA? Loses vote. But Vader is badass.

13. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I voted Live Action Series, because I wasn't impressed by the original Clone Wars -series and what I have read about the new 3D version doesn't really make me except much. Not that what I have read about the Live Action series makes me jump with joy either, but at least it holds greater promise.

14. Torr_Fenn

Torr_Fenn Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2005
    Live action for me too, it's the form we first saw Star Wars take, it's original medium if you like. Live actors in new roles and locations - can't wait. Loved Gendy's clone wars and the 70's aesthetic animation, looking forward to the new CG sparklyness too though. These are good times for us! [face_dancing]

15. Blackfryar

Aug 11, 2007
    what about clone wars characters/locations that make the jump to LAS?

16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Live action all the way. As someone already said, it's new!

17. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Live action series for me. It's new and I've always liked live action just a tad bit more than animation. Plus I think having the animated show, which will have familiar characters, and having a live action show with new characters is the best of both worlds.

18. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I love the Clone Wars stuff. I like the cartoons, books, etc... But if I don't see anymore from that era, I'd be fine with it. I get what's going on there. Lots of fighting across planets and galaxies, Jedi teaming up with all sorts of aliens, etc... Got it. But the period between the two trilogies where everything falls apart, becomes neglected, and the Rebellion is truly born is the huge piece that's missing. The Clone Wars only takes place over a few years between Episodes two and three. The duration covered by the live action series will be nearly 20 years. Much more to see and explore in that timeframe.

19. Blackfryar

Aug 11, 2007
    yeah everything has been said about clone wars, I think they will use it as a prototype for other animated series

20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Personally, I don't want neither. It just seams that when it comes to theater/cinema/television, GL can't do or authorize anything before TPM or after ROTJ. If they wanted to do an animation series, it should have been in the KOTOR era due to all those enhanced whacked out force powers and stuff like that. The live action tv series is just that.......live action EU which has no bearings to the movies. Yeah the themes are their, redemption, sacrifice, darkness, hope, and the like, but don't we have that already with the numerous novels and comic books? I'm also not to thrilled with more Boba Fett. Common, we have several novels including juvenile ones, a video game and three movies were we see this dude, not too mention his army template. Don't care for more clone wars, and the live action is definitley not Lost.

21. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    If they both had the same budgets then definitely Live Action for me(as long as they don't overdo the CGI). Everything looks better IMO when it's live action as compared to animation.

22. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Clone Wars.

not too excited for the Live Action.

23. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    I'm absolutely thrilled over the animated series because it looks so amazing, but the LAS has the potential to be much more. If it really will seek to appeal to a more mature audience like Battlestar Galactica, then it will take the Star Wars franchise to a whole new level.

With movie-quality level that some shows have been able to produce like Lost and 24, this series can and should be amazing. I have some high hopes for this show. I'm hoping it can bridge the gap between the two trilogies in terms of quality by having the character and story driven plots of the originals, and the visually pleasing effects (though obviously to a lesser extent) of the prequels.

Plus, like others have said, largely new characters, with some of the originals mixed in, new plots, etc. It should be amazing. If they put some real work into this series, I expect it to be a huge hit.

24. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Speaking of Battlestar Galactica and Lost it was rumored/reported a few months back that Lucas interviewed writers from both shows for slots as writers for the LAS. It was also reported in September that Lucas had interviewed over 200 writers from around the world for about 5 or 6 writing slots, so we should get some quality writers. If they do in fact get good writers who have experience the potential for this show and probably the hype will be enormous.

25. Master_Fwiffo

Master_Fwiffo Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2001
    Clone Wars has me excited, but honestly, a live action Star Wars series has been my dream for years. SWLA for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.