main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3D Clone Wars or Live Action Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Jan 5, 2008.

?

3D Clone Wars or Live Action Star Wars?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Live Action Series

71.9%
  2. 3d Clone Wars

28.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    If I absolutely had to pick one or the other I'd say the LAS. But I enjoy the CW storylines and characters better.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I am going for the LA Series. I've always been more of a fan of LA things rather than cartoons. Seeing Star Wars in a LA show like that is going to be amazing! :D

3. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Live Action of course!

Hoping to see new locations or familiar EU ones in a Live Action environment!

Plus, it's The Dark Times! What's cooler than that!

4. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    3D The Clone Wars. For now at least. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with a "Live Action" series of Star Wars.

5. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I have to say Clone Wars because it's about the characters and the era I love most. LAS is virgin territory and I don't know anybody there. Basically it's the first day of school and I've always hated the first day of school.

6. CPShArp

CPShArp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2005
    I want to see the clone wars more cause its all animated, and all of the movies have been live action mostly.

7. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am looking forward to Seeing KOTOR series because Lucas said that if the Two new Star Wars etc does well, They might go back in time and do either another Star wars saga or do a live action T.V. series of the Sith Vs Jedi.

8. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    definitely the live action seres for me. only becouse i am so sick of the clone wars! we have seen so much of the clone wars and almost none of the galactic civil war. the clone wars was only 3 years long and the civil war is like at least 5 and it would be perfect for there to be a show about that instead of going back in time yet again! it seems like we are stuck in the prequels and we just cant get past episode 3. i really wish there would be a CGI shadows of the empire movie! now that would be great! not to mention long over due.

9. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    One period has already been adequately covered. One has not.

Easy choice. :)

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    clone wars series is a must. Worried that LA series will be like the Indiana Jones TV series. They were too much history and not enough whip cracking.

11. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    Live Action for sure.

12. Darth_Windu06

Darth_Windu06 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 24, 2006
    Live action series

13. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I still feel the same way as when I voted awhile back. The only thing is it would be nice to have even one small nugget of information about the future of the show, what it'll be like.

14. BzzzzMaster

BzzzzMaster Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2007
    We need some live action, to breathe new life into the SW universe. IMO

15. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    And with a feel of the broken down universe of the OT as opposed to the sleeker feel of the more civlized age of the PT. Character-driven stories will bring back and draw in new fans.

16. starwarsobesses

starwarsobesses Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2008
    the clone wars. the live action series does not sound good to me. i probably will not be watching it. i also love the prequel era.

17. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    With all due respect, how can you judge how the LAS will be at this point? There is practically no information about it. :p

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm not sure if you were asking me or not...but I can't know for sure. But I remember on the boards when that information about the TV show came out around the time of talk about a new CW animated film, the discussion about the TV show far exceeded any talk about the film.

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think the live action series has more potential for stuff we haven't seen in the universe.

20. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Truly. We didn't technically need the CW cartoon, much less the film, to understand the Clone Wars. It was understood in AotC. We got the rest in RotS. Obi-Wan referenced it in ANH. Enough already. How about the onset of the rebellion against the Empire?

21. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    No, I was talking to the person above you. ;)

But, what you bring up is not totally unexpected really. As you guys said, it is a completely new era that has not been explored, so I do think that the discussion about it will be far greater than the CW down the road.

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I think most fans who were hot and heavy into Star Wars at the time, got their fill and satisfaction of what the Clone Wars was all about via the two seasons on Cartoon Network. That's why it feels a bit recylced now and quite possibly the reason for less enthusiasm all around.

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I agree. If the positions were reversed and we didn't get The Clone Wars until, say, 2012, people might be more excited about it.

24. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Or, if we hadn't been given all that we have already about the Clone Wars it might be different. To me, and I will go see it and am excited, it feels like the Cartoon Network on the big screen.

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    but at the same time, sape, you obviously watched the Tartakovsky cartoons? What about the novels and comics?

I would expect the average Star Wars fan who wasn't previously into the EU wouldn't have absorbed everything from the multi-media Clone Wars Campaign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.