main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3D Clone Wars or Live Action Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Jan 5, 2008.

?

3D Clone Wars or Live Action Star Wars?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Live Action Series

71.9%
  2. 3d Clone Wars

28.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Yes, assuming it reached fans beyond the rabid fanbase. I don't think the CW series on TV was as viewed as you might think. This new film will probably be the first time many adults who grew up on the films will have been exposed to an animated version of the series.

2. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    ^^^ I will completely validate that comment. EVERYONE that I've talked to at work or in my family about the new CW film/series had never even heard of, much less seen, the GT cartoon series on TV. None of them had any idea that it was every on and had always thought that SW was live action.

3. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Exactly the same exact thing with me. Not only didn't they realize two seasons existed in animated form, but they never even heard there was a new film, albeit animated, coming to theaters in a month.

4. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002
    I saw a trailer for it during Hellboy yesterday and it looks interesting. Though I don't know if this is a bad sign or not, but the audience I saw the trailer with were laughing at it, not in a good way and I heard some saying what is this? They really started laughing for some reason when they showed Yoda.

5. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm telling you it's because not as many people saw the CW series on TV a few years back as alot of people seem to think. This trailer is probably the very first time they're seeing any SW animation. To them, there hasn't been SW animation since Droids and Ewoks. The trailer probably came as a bit of a surprise to the audience.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yoda still looks really awkward to me.

Many people caught on to the "the PT is cheesy" bandwagon, and now Star Wars is sadly something to be derided, although I might point out how popular the Saber Phone app is for the new iPhone. [face_thinking]

7. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    You make a really interesting point. The PT was not as universally celebrated as the OT. There was a lot of animosity about the new films and the way it looked. It's possible the animated film may not help advance the Star Wars cause as much as the live action series. Some may think, if they didn't already, that Star Wars has offically jumped the shark.

8. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    It's definitely not celebrated as much as the OT. Just the other day I was telling my father, a GIGANTIC Star Wars fan, that there was a new animated film coming out. He immediately shook his head and said "boy did he (GL) sell out." I think the people who are casual fans do think that with this animated film/series, Star Wars will have jumped the shark. Hopefully it's good enough that people can see beyond the fact that they might not like having something involving Star Wars made with animation.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We also live in a more cynical, superficially sophisticated age.

It's pretty much impossible to imagine, but imagine if Star Wars never came out, and ANH was released this summer. I bet it would be panned by fans and critics alike.

EDIT: And some of the loudest complainers are people in their late twenties and early thirties, who grew up with the OT (and therefore have little objectivity with respect to it), and were adult when the PT came out, with a different viewpoint but unbelievably high expectations.

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I agree with you on the point that most of the complainers came from that age group.

11. Paul-RMQ

Paul-RMQ Art Director/Designer - for Ralph McQuarrie VIP

Jun 30, 2008
    I can't wait for both of them, the more Star Wars shows we get - the better the chances of ending up with something AMAZING.

12. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I definitely agree with you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.