main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive [3D] DARTH VADER'S LIGHTSABER IN ESB!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by -DARKSITHLORD-, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -DARKSITHLORD-

-DARKSITHLORD- Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2007
    ....I am back and the force is strong here....!
    and I bring this image link below of my 3D lightsaber work.
    it's Darth Vader's lightsaber in ESB, I created it for my dad.
    the program I used is 3DS MAX.

[image=http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs20/f/2007/280/9/5/Vader__s_Lightsaber_by_adarklord.jpg]

...may the dark force be with you...!

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    That is absolutely beautiful work! Is your Dad a big Star Wars fan? I am sure he loved it.

I once considered buying 3DS Max. I already had Bryce 5.5 and Poser 6. But after I bought Corel Painter I started getting into digital painting more. I love 3D imagery, but I felt the public at large didn't see it as art... maybe because you can actually buy just about every prop available and just throw the stuff together and have a decent final image.

People do not know how hard it is to construct the props themselves. It is very tedious work and an art form in its own right.

Even with Poser it would take hours to morph a face so he/she would look like the character you wanted. I eventually decided it was easier to learn how to draw.

You did a wonderful job with this lightsaber. I hope to see more of your work.

AG88

3. -DARKSITHLORD-

-DARKSITHLORD- Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2007
    Hi AG88, thanks for your reply!!
    3D graphic is a so bright on games, animations and movies and more..... but the public seems didn't see it as art I felt it too. my interests are drawing and sometimes paint on papers, since a friend sent me a Bryce 5 I found 3D graphic is very interesting too. my dad isn't a Star Wars fan yet, but I'm trying to influence him!;)
    I think I'll post more of my works in future, thank you again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.