main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3d Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by UWN, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UWN

UWN Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    I am looking for some 3d models of dinosaurs or good tutorials on building them and i wondered if anyone who belongs to this forum knows of any sites that may help me?

Just for argument sake i have been looking on google and have not found anything i am looking for yet except for a book called Modelling Digital Dinosaurs, which i would obviously have to buy, so that is no good.

Any help would be great

Matt

ps is anyone modelling the Tripod from War of the worlds, becasue there was a post about it before?

2. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    This sort of topic really should be posted in the Requests thread. ;) But while I'm here I'll go ahead and say that if you're looking to really learn something sometimes a book is the best way to go. Often times books come with DVD's that have scene files you can learn with and see how it's done to apply that knowledge to your work. Free tutorials and such are a good way to pick up basic skills and methods, but remember that tutorials in general can only teach you so much before you just have to get in there and do it. :)

Hope that helps - good luck!

3. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    I agree with DV you should really throw a couple of bucks at the book. Believe me it will not only help you with Dinosaurs it will help your 3d knowledge in general. Go with the book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.