main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3D Jedi Starfighter Help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by TheDirectorGuy, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDirectorGuy

TheDirectorGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2004
    I downloaded the 3d mesh from scifi3d.com of the Jedi Starfighter. I am new to Max but I am very skilled in photoshop and ae. I started to improve the texture images in photoshop and I had to stop because when I rendered the mesh there are a few things that didnt look right. Now no offense to the guy who made the model, as it is a kick ass job, but I'm trying to make it look exactly like it did in episode 2. ok ok ok why am I posting? . . .

Basically I need someone familiar with max and photoshop to help me complete the "repair" to the mesh and textures so that I can use the ship in a movie that I'm making, and the due date is not far off. Please anyone who is willing to help PM me or post here! I'd post pics of my progress but I don't know how lol!

Help a fellow fanfilm-er out!

Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. TheDirectorGuy

TheDirectorGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2004
    ok first off here are a few questions that I need answered because its driving me crazy!!!!!!! lol please help!

1. How do you change viewports around? Like I have gotten some 3d meshes where the only viewport that I have is camera01! How can I select to see all view ports: front, top, left, perspective? etc.?

2. How do you make a particular viewport be shaded so you can see the mesh with some sort of substance instead of wireframe.

3. I am able to save animations to a file. But when I imported a mesh into a different max scene file it wouldn't let me render to a file. It even had an error message. If you do not assign a file for the animation it will be lost. But the button was that sort of transparent button that you cant click it.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

3. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    ok, try doing these 3 suggestions

1: post this on scifi 3d forums
    2: use google
    3: READ THE MANUAL

4. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Problems already solved.

Google wasn't going to help in this manner. A mentor helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.