main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3D model database

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Jedikes1138, Jan 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedikes1138

Jedikes1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2003
    Hey guys... I'm looking for something relatively similar to Sci Fi 3D, except not sci-fi. I was actually wanting to find something like a 3D model of a police helicopter... does anybody have any info to any more "earthly" websites for downloads [or buy] of 3D models? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and, I'd like to have a type of file that is easily read by most 3D studios, as I have Carrara Studio and I'm not completely sure of what files it accepts. Thanks.

2. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Links to a few such libraries on this page.
    Check out Planit3D and 3D Cafe in particular.

Have fun.

3. Jedikes1138

Jan 31, 2003
    Whoa, $85.00 for a Boeing 7E7 Airliner model?!
    Well, they do offer some very good free ones at amazing3d.com, but is there more?

4. nee

nee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2000
    www.renderosity.com has a pretty wide selection in several formats. Chances are if they dont have what you're looking for then one of their link sites will. good luck.

5. DMPjedi

DMPjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2003
    Well, I have several, I'll check each one for you to see if they have anything for Carrara.

First, 3dlinks.com
    A collection of links to other sites with free objects. Each link should specify what formats they carry. Also, forums for many applications, tutorials, textures, books, plug-ins, and more.

3d02.com
    This place makes you go "wow" :eek: I didn't see any Carrara stuff in my quick little scan. I don't know, there might be something compatable with it. You could always look around and druel. May have a chance at getting something converted.

Hmm, I guess that's all I have right now. Ah yes, my favorites got reset a while back.

Well, the only other thing I can tell you is befriend Google! :D

6. Jedikes1138

Jan 31, 2003
    Thanks guys... I'll look into these sites. Anybody else?

7. Jedikes1138

Jan 31, 2003
    These websites may also be helpful to anybody else out there looking for downloadable CG models.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.