main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3D Studio Max Physique Modifier question

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by wildstorm, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildstorm

wildstorm Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2004
    Hello newbie here,

I got a little problem so I thought I come on here and see if I can get some answers. I downloaded the Luke skywalker Character from the Scifi3d star wars page and brought it into 3D Studio Max 7. I applied a biped to the character and made it fit. Then I go to apply a physique modifier and I get some errors: An "Addmodfunc.MS - Maxscript" window pop ups and then an "unkown exception" window pops up beneath that. Then an "error has occurred" window pops up and 3D Studio Max crashes. I figured maybe there was something wrong with the physique modifier thingy so I restarted Max and imported the clonetrooper character and I physiqued that one with no problem. Has anybody had a problem like this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Leo

2. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Well, first, I would check the PC requirements, they changed from Max 6 to Max 7, so you might have problems if you don't meet them. Other than that I don't know, Max 7 just now came out and I don't know about the changes to it, plus the whole Character Studio part was changed to be incorporated more into 3ds Max so there could be more bugs in it.

3. wildstorm

wildstorm Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2004
    I think I figured out why 3d studio max wouldn't biped the Luke Skywalker character. When I had downloaded the mesh, I thought it was one mesh. There's actually 2 of them. 1. the body and 2. the clothes. So what I did was I biped the body mesh first and then went through and made sure all of the vertices where attached to the biped. Then I went ahead and physiqued the clothing onto the biped and it works out great.

Leo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.