main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3D Studio Max

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by krazyk9999, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazyk9999

krazyk9999 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2004
    I am currently writing out my SW fan film but I'd like to see what is possibld to do with 3d Studio Max.

The program is a lot more complicated to learn that I thought so I need you guy's help.

My movie will mostly be greenscreened and I will be using the "environment's from this page.

Can anyone give me a basic run through how to use 3d Studio Max to explore 3d environments such as the Millenium Falcon cockpit?

I have no idea where to start and tutorials havn't been too helpful. Thanks for your time :)

2. krazyk9999

Jul 12, 2004
    I should clarify: For something like the MF cockpit do I load each individual pic and put the pieces together like a puzzle or is there an actual backdrop?

The MF bones are tricky to work with.

3. proximacentauri

proximacentauri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2004
    There are many ways to achieve a shot.

If you want a still image in the background, it's fairly easyly done with settings an environment variable.

4. krazyk9999

Jul 12, 2004
    I am currently using 3d studio max 5 and a lot of the stuff on this site is for max 3 or 4. Whenever I load a file up I am always missing a few .dlls or jpgs. Are these files not fully compatable with the new version of max?

5. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    whats the difference between 3DS and MAX?

6. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    Nothing.

7. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Wha....?

Sure, I suppose they're the same.. if you ignore the fact that 3DS is a format based on the old DOS-based 3D Studio program, before it was drastically altered to become the Windows-based 3D Studio MAX. And the fact that the two formats are about as incompatible as MAX and LWO.. sure, I suppose there's no difference.

If you actually bothered to download both the 3DS versions and the MAX versions, you'll see they're absolutely nothing alike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.