main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY 3D

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by SithMonger, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I get Poplar Science magazine (aren't school fundraisers great?) and there was an article in it about 3D digital cinema. In that article, it said that Lucas plans to release Episode I in 3D in 2007. Wow. That's news to me. Of course, Popular Science doesn't have a great track record for conversion from article to reality. But it talked about the technology and how James Cameron is committed to using only the 3D technology from now on as well as Peter Jackson clammoring to get King Kong converted to 3D. But from other evidence, it looks like Lucas plans to release all the movies again in numerical order, starting with The Phantom Menace, as they are converted to 3D, perhaps one or two years apart.

This may all just be inflated speculation, but thought I'd mention it. There may be more in store for the 30th anniversary than we imagined. But where would the famous Paducah Imperials have to go to watch it? Who knows.

But, wouldn't it be our greatest fantasy come true to have Jar Jar in 3D? Can we handle it?

Sab Jo likes this.
  2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Lucas made that announcement at a Theater owners convention in Vegas in January of 05. The next week Rick McCallum was asked about it and he said "George gets a little excited about these things." He went on to say that until theaters convert to digital projectors that can handle the movies in 3D, he could not give a date on thier release. So I don't think we will see these anytime soon. But man, I can't wait to see them whenever they do hit, I can't even imagine what that would look like. pv

Sab Jo likes this.
  3. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    My guess is and mind you this is ONLY a guess there Pacer, but I think they will look 3-Dimensional. Again this is only speculation on my part.

4. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    hardy-har har har har

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.