Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greedoliveson Jedi Youngling

I am assuming that Episode 7 will be in 3D, although I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere yet.
    Disney got thier fingers burned on the film 'John Carter' although that was down to the film itself not the 3D effects. Lucas is also putting the other 6 films in 3d so would make sense for it to be filmed in 3D.

Just wondered if anyone had seen this mentioned anywhere yet.

PK Edit: see this thread http://boards.theforce.net/index.php?threads/Should-epsiode-7-be-in-3D.50004922/
  2. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    No, that was down to the marketing failure Disney made.

No.
  3. Greedoliveson Jedi Youngling

Funnily enough, when i went to see TPM 3D, they showed a trailer for John Carter and the effects were amazing and the film looked ok.
  4. Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I'm not very knowledgeable about all the technology (different cameras, aspect ratios, whatever), so this might be a dumb question: when a movie is filmed in 3d, how does it eventually translate to a non-3d tv? So that when I eventually buy the ST on blu-ray, I won't need to buy a 3d tv...sorry if this is a stupid question...
    Last edited by Darth Horn Rollo, Nov 6, 2012
  5. robfett Jedi Master

star 4
    Further speculation... will we have HFR? i.e. 48 frames per second? 60 frames? 100???

Pete Jackson, James Cameron, Doug Trumbull are doing it. It would make sense for the film series most well known for pushing technological boundaries to try this new toy out....
  6. robfett Jedi Master

star 4
    Or will we have IMAX 3D?

That would make Ep VII the second Star Wars film to be on IMAX, if memory serves. ROTS and TPM didn't get it in 2005 and 2012.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.