main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3Ds max program problem

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Bert_Wagner, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bert_Wagner

Bert_Wagner Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    after recieving a trial version of 3ds max 5 in the mail i installed it then started to use it. no problems...yet. then my friend was playing around with it and made a panel on the right hand side "disappear". after about an hour of trying to figure out how to get it back, i thought i would just uninstall the whole program and re install it so all the settings would be default. well i uninstalled it from the add/remove programs menu and then i tried to install it again. after starting the install, its starts of with the regular "searching for installed applications" screen and an error comes up that says "internal error 2711. CF4TUTREF". after that the setup closes because of a "fatal error". i don't know what is wrong, and i know this wouldn't be the BEST forum to get in answer in, but I hope someone had the unforunate problem that i have and how they fixed it. any and ALL help would be GREATLY appreciated.

-bert

2. Master_Jedi_David

Master_Jedi_David Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    Bert_Wagner It would be a good idea to read the FAQ at the top of the page.

To quote Olen_Garn, dont be surprised if this thread is locked or deleted.

A good place to look at would be to look at the 3d Max Support Thread at:

http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=6

3. Darksteps

Darksteps Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    even tho the first problem is moot now, your friend must have put it in EXPERT MODE, which you can toggle on/off with F11...

as for the other... if it was CS4TUTREF, then it sounds like a prob with the Character Studio 4 Tutorial Reference, maybe the install program can't find the .CAB file or install file the program is pointing to... not much you can do about that tho, I'd say contact Discreet...

Darksteps...

4. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Yea. This isn't a Discreet support forum. Call them about this. Use the built-in HELP function in MAX too and you would find info about Expert Mode and other features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.