main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3DS max

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Arachnaphobia347, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arachnaphobia347

Arachnaphobia347 Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2002
    hey i needed some help with 3ds max somethings really ticking me off that i can't figure out..i need some help with texture maps any tutorial sites,etc... anything would be good

thankx in advance for your help

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    what part of texturing the actually creation or the applying them to the model both are different. if you want to actually create the texture there are some books out there on the web

3. Arachnaphobia347

Arachnaphobia347 Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2002
    well i guess i need a little help on both....appyling mostly because the program comes with a few that i can apply

4. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    well after you create your texture open the material editor(letter M) there click a blank material and next to the diffuse area there is a blank button, then a new window comes up one of your choices is Bitmap choose that choose your texture's file type and choose your texture. Then drag and drop or hit the little button to apply it to your model. You can click the little arrow with the floppy disc to add it to your library

5. citizen

citizen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2001
    Just want to add something to Machos reply. Be sure to apply a UVW modifier on your model before adding the material to your mesh. This should be located on the Modifier tool bar.

6. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    o yes that helps a lot :)

7. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    i dont have 3dsmax, but i'm sure the manual has some great info on unwrapping textures...

8. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Manuals? We don't need no stinking manuals!

9. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    It amazes me that those clever enough to download illegal software are STUPID enough to post questions regarding it on a forum.- This is not aimed at the poster.

To him I simply say read the manual.

10. Spero

Spero Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    Um... yea suddenly someone asks a question and they're the downloaders of warez... :D

Anyways, in his defense he's going to be at my house all week while they're fumegating his neighborhood (why it takes a week i dont know) and he brought 3DS (which he recently purchased cause he's a rich loser :D) and we just wanted to add a texture... so um... yea...

::cough::

ahem.
    Hows everyone tonight?
    "Get off the stage!"
    Okay then... tough crowd, tough crowd.

11. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    If that "stupid" referance was to me and my comment, I'll tell you I HAVE the manual and a LEGAL COPY of the stupid program! I'm just being a man and not using it! (Whether that's the smart thing to do or not is another question all together...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.