main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3NS (back where it should be) - Check out Comms for our Future

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New_Order

New_Order Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2001
    Somewhere, someone is playing the violin for you.

Seriously, the 3NS is no different than the 2NS or the 1NS. "Death is a natural part of life..."

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I think I've got the hang of the Spoiler forum now, but it really is a trainwreck. It's impossible to have a serious conversation with any thought involved. And it is too busy to follow every thread. I just pick and choose a thread and check back on it once in while.

DamonD is right, though...perhaps we can be a shining light of hope in the dark infested waters over there. They bash the crap out of EVERYTHING. Now I realize I like to bash certain aspects of things, but over there you can find threads bashing literally every second of the film. It is ridiculous.

I've been avoiding the negative threads and staying only in the ones that have something constructive to say. None of the 'worst XYZ' or similar threads.

On the other hand, the humor over there is often side-splitting...

3. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    It's such a big and impersonal forum. I like the smaller ones where everyones voice has a chance to be heard.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I don't like a forum where my posts, threads, and ideas are soon lost among other threads and posts. If I post in 3SA, the next day I will have no idea where that thread is.

Too large, too busy, too much.

-Seldon

5. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    I highly disagree with New_Order, as the other forums never became private. We have a chance to keep this one as such, why not try and ask?

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    It doesn't hurt to ask.
    No one is injured by spreading opinions and stating beliefs.

-Seldon

7. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I wasn't around for the other two, but maybe the difference is that this is the last one? There won't be another chance at this...

<shrugs> Just a thought... ;)

I haven't been a very active member of this, as I preferred to read others thoughts and only weigh in occasionally, since my viewpoint was usually already stated. However, I'm trying to post more and I'll be very sad to see this close.

I also really don't want to have to post in 3SA... [face_worried]

8. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    Exactly, it's our last shot. As long as we present our opinions in a mature and orderly fashion (as we've been doing), we're doing all we can. It'll have been worth a shot even if we don't get what we hoped for.

9. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Personally, 3SA reallay isn't my style. When I started reading the boards here again a few months ago (and making the occasional post) I thought to my self "Self, why did you stop hanging out here? So many smart, fun people."

Then I went to check out 3SA after I saw the film an remembered. The difference3 between a private board and an open board I guess.

Which brings me to a quick "Thank You" to the folks who came up with the idea for a private board for 3NS and those who maintained it. I've modded similar stuff before and I know it's not easy manually reviewing individual registrations, but the lack of trolls and people trying to spoil us was such a treat.

Anywho...the Ep II board was pretty much a zoo for a while after the film came out. This too will pass. Eventually most of the trolls will get bored and split and the rest of the boards will have to do its best to ignore the extremists on both sides of the basher/gusher war and try to have some fun, intelligent conversation.

Here's where the fun begins. ;)

10. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Once we merge I most likely won't post about ROTS as much as frankly put most of 3SA are a-- holes.

11. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I'd love for this place to stay! Unfortunately, aside from appearing elitist, I can't really think of a good, strong, logical reason why it should. If it does, it'd be an act of kindness on the part of the administration. I mean, where's the harm if it stays open? It can be changed to an all-purpose private forum after RotS get's old! lol

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I wish it could be turned into a speculation forum for the upcoming TV series. I'll miss this forum. It was so much nicer than 3SA.

13. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Of course! The TV series!
    We can have weekly discussions I'd gather :)

14. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    Hey, there's an idea for you.

As GARTH mentioned in the Comms thread, we have to consider that moderating a private forum is a pretty difficult task, and he and Windy put a lot of work into keeping this place going.

If we get new mods (you two have been great, I just don't want to speak for you as far as having you sign up to do this again) we need to make sure to keep this place up and running too. It should be our responsibility as well. It'd be a shame to have the forum granted to us and then do nothing with it.

Haha, that's assuming we get it granted to us in the first place. Sorry, didn't mean to get delusions of grandeur there. It looks like a losing battle in Comms, but hey, we tried and still try.

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Guys, I'm not going to mod just for the TV series.

Please check out the thread in Comms, I've posted some of my thoughts there.

"There are alternatives to fighting".

I'm not convinced that staying in the JC is even the best solution.

We are in preliminary discussion on forming a Rebel Alliance and moving to another system.

I can neither confirm nor deny anything.

16. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Well PM us, or let us know in some way if anything develops

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.