main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3NS Banner Contest! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Things are starting to get exciting as the decades-long buildup to Revenge of the Sith draws to an end.

And with that in mind, Mace Windy, Hero Without Fear, and I, GARTH_MAUL, the Negotiator believe it is time for another 3NS Banner Contest!!.

We're going to do things a bit differently this time around.

(1) We want the banners to focus on a single character only, instead of a general theme. You've probably seen these before in 3SA or AOTC...but those are only general guidelines.

And we're going to ask for submissions only on the four MAIN characters of ROTS:

Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme and Palpatine.

You can submit a banner for all four characters if you wish, or submit alternate banners of your favorite character.

(2) All *OFFICIALLY RELEASED* pics are fair game, with the caveat that your 3NS Mods ask that you refrain from using the more "spoilerific" shots from the trailer or SW: Insider. Feel free to PM us if you can't decide if a pic you'd like to use fits that description.

(3) We are going to have 4 banners, and we'll rotate them one month at a time, from the least popular to the most popular; therefore, the most popular banner will have the honour of being the banner for 3NS in the last month before ROTS!

(4) We're going to TRY to keep this as a 3NS contest, but if you have friends out there who would like to submit entries, that's totally fine with us! The more, the merrier!

(5) THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES WILL BE JANUARY 12TH, 2005! Then we will vote for a week and the winners will be announced January 19th, 2005!

The first banner should be up January 19th, with the second to follow on February 19th, and so on.

We realize this isn't a lot of time to work on your banners, but we figured you'll have spare time since it's the Christmas holidays![face_laugh]

Cheers and dyboje zdorovya (God bless your health)
    GARTH_MAUL

2. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I was just going to do the banners myself, but GARTH told me that this looked nothing like Palpatine. [face_plain]

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

3. Balanced_One

Balanced_One Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2002
    Not to be the one to ask a stupid question, but I'm gonna ask a stupid question...

Is there somewhere we can view past banners to get an idea of required size or possibly can you just give us dimensions in pixels?

Thanks, I'll go stand in the corner with my dunce hat on now...

4. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Can we have vader in our anikins?

5. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Well, since Vader IS Anakin, that must be OK. Anakin loses his soul and changes his name, but he's still the same person. He has the same brain and the same body(although it's been ravaged).

6. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Perfect...

7. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    For all you creative types, here is precisely what we are looking for:

JC Banner Specs
    • Main banner image (foreground) - 764 x 110

• Main Background image - 764 x 110

• Curve image - 69 x 69

• Side Bar image - 32 x 465

• Post Reply image - 437 x 88

• Left and Right adholders - 74 x 58

JC Banner Guidelines
    • Include "TheForce.net", the name of our forum (Revenge of the Sith:Non-Spoiler)), and "Jedi Council" or "Jedi Council Forums"

• Graphics are usually in jpg format

Still need more information?
    JC Board Customization FAQ [version 2.1]

When you create a submission, please post it in a link format, please. :)

too windy for spoilers!

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I'd also like to point out that our forum is Revenge of the Sith No Spoilers or 3NS or Non-Spoiler Community or something like that.

Not that ghastly Attack of the Clones forum.

[face_laugh]

9. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    I may or may not have copy and pasted those instructions from the banner contest that I ran in the Attack of the Clones forum.... ;) [face_blush]

too windy for spoilers!

10. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/Ell_the_Ewok/AnikinBanner.jpg]

Couldnt find anywhere else to put it.

11. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Windy, sorry for swearing, though I'm not sure if the banning really was nescessary. I mean, I thought that word was okay to use. Don't you remember a whole episode of South Park being dedicated to it?! I had just seen the episode again shortly before and that's probably why the word was floating around in my head at that time.

Anyway, I'm back now.

Is it allowed to link characters to the four selected? Like having young Anakin shake young Obi Wan's hand? Are pictures outside of ROTS okay?

12. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Hay Mace I think Garth is jealous of your artistic genius

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Billy, I'm sure that would be okay, as long as either Anakin or Obi-Wan was the focus of the banner.

I.e., showing important events in Anakin's life or something.

But this is a pre-ROTS banner, so it would make sense to have most of the pics from ROTS.

14. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Damn, this banner is so cool and the colors are amazing. :(

15. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    We love this banner, but it getting old. We want to retire it with dignity before everyone comes to us and complains about how much they are tired of it.

too windy for spoilers!

16. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    TIRED OF IT?! it's probably the best banner on the JC, at least I like it most. *pouts*

17. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm also (in my brief time here) going to say that I too love this banner, it's one of the best (if not #1) in the entire JC, and we really haven't had it that long. It would be fun to change it up though, with character banners, but I'd still like to keep this one in the rotation.

18. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I also love this banner.

This is less us saying we're tired of it, and more Windy and I trying to build up momentum going into ROTS.

If the community thinks it's a bad idea, we don't have to do it.

19. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Rise_Of_Thrawn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    As much as I like this banner, I think it's time for a change.

20. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    While I think you guys' hearts are in the right places with trying to get us pumped for ROTS (much appreciated, by the way)... I think upcoming trailers, posters and the rapidly approaching release date will get us excited and motivated enough as is. I don't think changing the banner will do anything, at least not for me. It's so purdy and all.. and I've been banned quite a bit so I haven't been able to enjoy it as much. I'd hate to see it go. :(

21. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Ultimately the decision is going to be left up to the community, but bear in mind, if we decide to go with this banner we'll be looking at it for the next 147 days, and then who knows how long then after. Will it still look fresh, then?

If you like the color scheme, there is no rule saying that you cannot incorporate it into one of your own character banners....

too windy for spoilers!

22. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Why 147 days?

Should we vote on this? And if we're going to do it, there should definitely be a thread in Comms so we can attract all the talented banner makers in the JC.

23. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    There are 147 days remaining until the release of Episode III.

I am more than willing to have a vote on whether or not we'd like new banners, but GARTH and I thought it would be nicer for the community if we could come up with enough interested artists from the forum rather than elsewhere. If there aren't enough interested banner makers in our community, then we may have to look outside. I'd rather if our banners were made by our own members, however.

too windy for spoilers!

24. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    In other words they are trying to keep jace metham from winning

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Jace is an excellent banner artist, no doubt.

I think everyone here values our 3NS Community, and that's why we're trying to keep this within the community, as Windy said.

I guess it depends what you guys want:

(a) 3NS only, unless we don't get a good response; or

(b) go to Comms and get as many entries as possible.

We COULD also just do 3 banners of:

Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme/Palpatine, and start the first banner on February 19th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.