3NS Banner Contest! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master

star 5
    That Obi-Wan banner was awesome. The Anakin one was good but not as good as the Obi-Wan one.
  2. stormcloud8 Jedi Master

star 4
    Very cool. I like them. The Anakin one is a bit too dark to see, though, but the Obi-Wan one is perfect.
  3. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Very nicely done, obaona! I am loving what I am seeing so far, and I'd love to see what you could do with a Padme and a Palpatine banner! :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    five years of windiness!
  4. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    obaona! Those are beautiful!! Of course, I'd expect nothing less. :D
  5. hew Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice work, obaona! Less is always more, and those designs are simple and effective.
  6. kingthlayer Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    wow, that was great obaona! I especially liked how Obi-Wan's had the tree, fits him perfectly. Maybe lighten up the Anakin one to make it easier to see.
  8. Billy_Dee_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    [link=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/MattK/STAR%20WARS%20customs/Obi-Wan-ROTS1.jpg]Obi Wan (main banner) WIP[/link]
  9. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Cool beans, Billy. I'd maybe replace the AOTC pic of Obi-Wan/Anakin b/c it seems a bit too small. Otherwise it looks great.

EDIT: And obaona's are great too. I missed those before.
  10. Billy_Dee_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Well, the Obi Wan/ Anakin picture was really huge. I will probably make it larger again. On second thought we already seem to have a winner. [face_plain]

Not very encouraging. :p
  11. obaona Jedi Master

star 4
    Billy_Dee_Binks - nonsense. ;) Just keep working at it. :D The ones I posted were by far not my first versions. ;)

I'm going to try to lighten up the Anakin one I have, at the very least to make the text more visible. Thanks for the suggestions - I wondered if it was too dark. :D Thanks, everyone. @};- I'm also going to try to do a Padme banner - Palpatine, well, maybe. :p
  12. stormcloud8 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes! Let's see a Palpatine one!
  13. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Let's see a Padme one!! ;)

I love how you've used really simple color schemes obaona, it definitely helps define their character... hmm... what would Palpy and Padme be?? I like the dichtomy of two colors for the characters with two sides. But that's my designer BS coming into play (I can justify anything). :p
  14. Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    maybe w/ the padme banner include the theme of mask, as throughout all three movies she is in hiding
  15. obaona Jedi Master

star 4
    No Palpy one yet, sorry stormcloud. ;)

Was I supposed to put Palpy and Padme together, Rebelscum77? :eek: 'Cause I didn't. :p

Ghost_Jedi - that's a good idea, pity I didn't see it earlier to work it in. :(

[link=http://www.ralventures.com/banners/nonspoilerp.htm]Padme.[/link]

Anakin was also slightly updated (same link) - hopefully the text is more readable now, and I lightened bits of it a little. :p
  16. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Was I supposed to put Palpy and Padme together, Rebelscum77?

Oh, no! That's not what I meant! :p

And the Padme one is just lovely!! I love that it's got a bit of a Renaissance-y feel to it.

The Anakin one is more readable. The only thing I might suggest is that it seems like "Star Wars" is uncomfortably close to Anakin's eye. Maybe it should go a little farther to the right? Maybe it's just me.
  17. obaona Jedi Master

star 4
    Whew! :p And thanks! :D I was going for a gentler, kind of aged and worn look. :p Serene, though, because that's how I picture Padme.

No, I see your point about Star Wars and Anakin's eye. I'll correct that. I can't move it over too much, though, or there'd be a big black empty space. :p Thanks for the suggestion. :D
  18. Billy_Dee_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 4

[link=http://photobucket.com/albums/v498/MattK/STAR%20WARS%20customs/?action=view&current=Obi-Wan-ROTS2.jpg]Obi Wan main banner[/link]
  19. stormcloud8 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have the same comment as one the earlier banners...I really like the visuals but the font needs some work.
  20. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I really like the concept of that one, Billy_Dee! :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!
  21. Billy_Dee_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    That's no pixalation, that's the font but okay, I've changed it. :)

[link=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/MattK/STAR%20WARS%20customs/ObiWanbanner.jpg]Here[/link]

The color style was altered differently on this one. Since members seem to fancy a one-tone color, I might change it.
  22. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ooooh. I REALLY like the latest Obi-Wan banner, Billy. That's my favorite so far I think.
  23. Billy_Dee_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yay!

P.S.: Should the colors stay that way or should I obscure them like Obaona did? Maybe everything apart from the III part so the left side is clouded as a memory and the right side (with OT images) is a shadowed look into the future?
  24. stormcloud8 Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool. Interesting subtle new way to show the text.
  25. earlchinna Jedi Master

star 2
    so what's up with the banners?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.