main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3NS Community Poll: What is your favourite movie (non-SW)? Share your answer inside

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Feb 12, 2003.

?

3NS Community Poll: What is your favourite movie (non-SW)?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. The Godfather

2.8%
  2. Fight Club

2.8%
  3. LotR

30.3%
  4. Casablance

4.1%
  5. Schindler's List

3.4%
  6. Shawshank Redemption

1.4%
  7. Raiders of the Lost Ark

7.6%
  8. Pulp Fiction

2.8%
  9. Apocalypse Now

0.7%
  10. Other

44.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
  2. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm expecting a lot of 'other' ;) Hey, I only had 10 spaces to fill :p

My favourite movie is probably Fight Club. First time I saw it, I knew very little about it. The whole experience really put my mind into a twist. Heck, I still ponder the ultimate meaning of the film to this day.

Plus, the last scene in the film is probably one of my favourite cinematic moments of all time :)

"SLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE"

3. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    My favorite Non-Star Wars movie had been Back to the Future for a long long time. Actually, I had seen the BTTF trilogy long before I had seen Star Wars.

BTTF has been "dethroned" however. Fellowship of the Ring is now my favorite Non-SW movie. It seems like the majority prefer TTT, but FOTR really took to my liking with its slowed pace, and its in depth character development. The EE added icing to the cake, and really improves the film. It is my prefered version. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    yes, there is a draft in here!

4. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Willow! ;)

I think my all time fauvorite film (non-SW) is a tie between the original Jurassic Park and Batman(1989). Of course their not what I consider the best films. Their just my comfort movies(along with SW of course.)

I would've said LOTR but time will tell if it's my favourite.

5. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    This, like any SW movie, I could sit through time and time again and always love it. I have a feeling George liked it too.

Blade Runner

Isurus

6. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    After all five SW films, I have to say Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, followed by Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

I have a thing for epic fantasy movies ;)

7. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    After a long, serious meditating-monent:
    Das Boot (director's cut)

you know, the german submarine film?

8. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    That is a big question. Used to be Schidlers List, then Casablaca. Afterwards I realised that having a `best' is pointless. :)

9. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Dangerous Liaisons

10. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    Many come to mind, e.g. Moulin Rougue (What can beat a singin Obi Wan), Lawrence Of Arabia (a big influence on Lucas and Spielberg. I think Tatooine is based on the desert in Lawrence but not on Dune), 2001, Lord Of The Rings, My Fair Lady and the list goes on. But right now it is a tie between Lord Of The Rings and Moulin Rogue. If Chicago wins the oscar after Moulin Rougue and Lord of the Rings (not to mention SW) have been snubbed, I'll never watch the oscars again.

11. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    The Weenie is as much a fan of Fight Club as he is of Star Wars. As soon as theres a Fight Club line by line thread, the Weenie will see you there Stinrab.

Hes surprised to see it on the list. A surprise to be sure. But, a welcome one.

Its not the Weenie's favorite movie of all time, but it is the best movie ever made.

In fact, the Weenie adopts the Fight Club philosophy, and goes so far as to live his life by it. Lets talk Fight Club some time. The Weenie has no one with whom to discuss these matters which he feels so strongly about.

12. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    Moulin Rouge

13. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    The Man From Snowy River, gorgeous film.

14. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Fellowship of the Ring. Like Windy, I do love The Two Towers, but I still prefer FotR. It completely took me by surprise; it was beyond anything I could have hoped for for an adaptation of the book.

15. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I just want to tell you guys how proud I am of this community. Thus far, not one member has mentioned The Matrix as their favorite "Non-SW" film! :D

"The Matrix is overrated" - Mace Windy

:cool: Mace Windy,
    yes, there is a draft in here!

16. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I voted for Schindler's List, but I didn't have any terribly strong motivation for doing so, since nothing really stands out for me as a favorite movie when I exclude SW. I guess some other movies that could be my favorites are Clockwork Orange, Fellowship of the Ring, and Star Trek: First Contact.

I think the movie adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban will get on there as well when it's released. ;)

17. Valkor

Valkor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002

The Crow

Believe in Angels

R.I.P. Brandon Lee 1965-1993

18. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Michael Collins, then of course there are a bunch of others, but I've watched Michael Collins as many, if not more, as I've seen SW.

Then of course the film I've seen the most times is probably Ingemar Bergman's adaptation of the Magic Flute, but I'm not sure if that's considered a film or an opera.

19. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I have lots of favorites (no particualr order)

Pulp Fiction (I voted for it cause it was only one on list)
    The Matrix
    Gridlock'd
    Full Metal Jacket
    Fargo

...among others....

20. Tiniwiel_Skywalker

Tiniwiel_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2002
    Hmmm....I just don't know,I like all films,except films of war and destruction!

Love the signature stinrab!

21. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    In addition to Fight Club, mentioned by the Weenie above, the other most genius movies ever created include...

-Batman:Mask of the Phantasm
    -The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
    -O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    -The Big Lebowski

...more on the way...

22. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Willow!

Hey man I like Willow :mad: :p

I dont really have favourite movies. I just get some movies that affect me in different ways to the avergage movie. Enemy at the Gates knocked my socks the first and only time I saw it, so I'm goign to say that. However, The Rock and Starship Troopers turn me on a fair bit aswell.

23. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I despise Willow. I agree with Mace, The Matrix is overrated. I think eXistenZ, a sci-fi movie that was released about the sametime, was a much better movie. Oh yeah, you can put 12 Monkies and Airplane up there to with my favorites.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is another classic too... I've got too many favorite movies. :p

24. YodaYodaBinks

YodaYodaBinks Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Goodfellas.

25. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Jurassic Park.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.