main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(3NSA) New Forum Policy after April 2nd

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Captain_Typho, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I was unsure whether I should post this here or in 3NSA itself.

Anyways, with April 2nd being the official release day for ROTS merchandise, I think the 3NSA needs to adopt a new policy of sorts to deal with this. 3NSA's current policy is discussion may only be based off of official sources. But with the novelization of the film, the comic book of the film, and other major spoilery official sources of info that will be available April 2nd, 3NSA should adjust its policy so that we don't get people in the forum posting the entire movie before it's released because they've read the novelization which at this point would be a 3NSA legal source of info.

2. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    At this point, any fan who wants to enter the theatre unspoiled has only one appropriate option left.

1. Turn off the computer.

3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Practically speaking, that may be true.

However, the NSA community should still be respected, and any spoilers posted outside of 3SA or dedicated threads in various forums should be dealt with harshly.

Just because spoilers are all over the place doesn't make spoiling people any more okay than it was before. That said, the only sure way to remain unspoiled is to avoid the computer.

4. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Besides, you'll have way more fun and build yourself way more hype by going back and rereading comics/books and watching the movies and Clone Wars over again between April 2nd and May 19th.

5. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    I can't speak to the 3NSA forum in particular, but I thought the general board-wide policy was that official releases on or after April 2 were considered spoilers and not allowed except in designated areas.

6. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I can't speak to the 3NSA forum in particular, but I thought the general board-wide policy was that official releases on or after April 2 were considered spoilers and not allowed except in designated areas.

This is a fact. It was in the MS update a few weeks ago that i did.

7. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I definitely think you should have brought this up in the 3NS first. We have very open communication with GARTH and Windy. The last time I talked to Dustin they were deciding.

My perception is the policy will stand as is, meaning the OS info we've been getting all along (ie web stuff like BTH, profiles, post notes, KV, Insider supplements etc) will be allowed, but newer material like the books, info off the merchandise and the soundtrack, will not be. We are still a Episode III forum, so a certain amount of leeway should be given. If we were completely cut off from the OS website, there would be little to discuss.

There's certainly a large effort being made to keep the Hard Core Spoiler Free (HCSF) people unspoiled, but it will continue to get more difficult despite all these rules, board wide.

8. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Well droideka, if the boards as a whole has already adopted that new policy for the Apr 2nd date, I'd imagine 3NSA would be inclusive of that as well. Of course, Dustin and Windy may decide to do a policy slightly different from overall board policy to help protect HCSF (Hard Core Spoiler Free) people.

As a side note:

Once again I take home the award for the most number of threads in comms that already deal with other info previouslly posted in comms. :p

9. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Plan to take all spoiler discussion in the 3SA after April 2nd. Any posting outside the 3SA after that date and you're risking a ban.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, I had posted in at least two separate threads in 3NS that we would NOT be allowing discussion of the April 2nd released merchandise.

You could have just PM'ed me. ;)

Anyway, I'll start an official thread on the subject later today in 3NS, just so we're all clear on this point.

11. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    what about the collecting forum.

With all the merchandise on sale the collectors will be posting away about what they got.

12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    This policy is not just for the 3NS forum. Any information released on April 2nd or after, even if it is released by Lucasfilm, is a spoiler ANYWHERE ON THE JC. The only exceptions to this are the 3SA forum and any pre-existing spoiler threads in other forums.

If you are wondering about the Collecting forum, I would contact Mike or Laj about that...

13. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I would assume that there would be an official thread to cover such merchandise. At least, that's how it should be.

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    That is up to the Collecting Mods...

15. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I can't say anything the other mods haven't said already. Basically, if you're unsure about something, ask rather than risking punishment. It's a policy we're going to be enforcing strictly, and harshly if necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.