3rd Anniversary Progressive Movie Marathon

Discussion in 'Atlanta, GA' started by Minacia_Brightstar, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    We will be celebrating our 3rd Anniversary with a progressive movie marathon. A showing of a Star Wars movie will be held at one member's home. Once over, everyone will move on to another member's home for a showing of another Star Wars film and so on over the course of an entire weekend. Sounds cool, doesn't it? :)

The movie marathon will begin on Friday, May 14th and end on Sunday, May 16th, with the official anniversary party being held at the Saturday night movie screening.

The schedule for the progressive movie marathon is as follows:

• EI on Friday, May 14, 8:00 PM at Paula?s House

• EIV on Saturday, May 15, 1:00 PM at Tracey?s House

• EV on Saturday, May 15, 4:30 PM at Evan and Karen?s House

• EII on Saturday, May 15, 8:00 PM at Adam and Jenna?s House

• EVI on Saturday, May 16, 1:00 PM at Carol?s House

All of the movie parties will be potluck, with the exception of the Saturday night official annivesary party, which will be paid for by the club. Dues paying members can attend at no charge. Non dues paying members or guests of members will need to pay $3.00 to help defray the costs of food.

To sign up to bring a potluck dish, check out the database on our yahoogroups mailing list webpage. If you have not yet joined out mailing list, go HERE to sign up.

If you are new to the Hothlanta Rebels and are interested in attending our movie marathon, please contact me at minacia@hothlantarebels.com.

See you all this weekend! :D
  2. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who made this weekend's progressive movie marathon a HUGE success.

Thanks to Paula, Tracy, Evan & Karen, Adam & Jenna, and Carol for hosting all the movie parties. I appreciate you opening your homes to the club. :D

Thanks to everyone who supplied food, beverages, and other necessities for the parties. You folks helped ease the burden on the party hosts and made sure we all had more than enough to eat. :)

And a big thank you to all the members who attended the festivities this weekend. I am again reminded of what a great and fun bunch of folks you all are. :D
  3. RagingBantha Jedi Knight

I'm so sorry i could not make that. i wanted to but I've been a bit out of sorts. *sigh....What can I do to repay you all for my treachery? Bake a cake? brownies? I throw myself at the mercy of the counsil.
  4. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    No worries. Life gets in the way of fun occasionally. Perhaps you'll make it to our next meeting. More information on that should be forthcoming. :)
  5. RosieWook Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey. Wait a minute. Wait a minute.

Mandy, have I taught you NOTHING?!

Brownies. Chocolate. These are being offered. We shouldn't let this go!

Where are your darkside tendencies?

Honestly! :oops:
  6. RagingBantha Jedi Knight

then it is so....I will bring many culinary delights to the next meeting. So let it be written...so let it be done. My cookies will bring balance to the force.
  7. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Forgive me for my lapse in greed. ;)
  8. RosieWook Jedi Knight

star 3
    Y'know...we happily accept all desserts, but you really don't have to. I was just teasing.

The honor of your presence will do just fine!

Still...you are in cooking school. This could be really good! 8-}
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.