main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania 3rd Annual JC-FF Rugby League footy tipping competition -- Now into the finals!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by wedge3210, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Well it's been a while coming. I've been looking forward to this season of League for the simple reason, Newcastle will be reigning champions. :)

I'm sure a number of you will no doubt remember the past tipping comps we've had and I've even been contacted in advance about weather there would be one this year, and here it is.

We'll be running it at OzTips once again, so if you were a member last year, that profile will still be able to be used for this season. There's 14 days until the first game of the regular season, so we have plenty of time to get organised this year, and hopefully we'll have more than ever before. It's fun with the dozen or so we've had in the past years, but with the growth of Fan Force, I'm hopeful for even more.

This thread will be used as the weekly reminder (you will recieve an Email reminder from OzTips as well) along with the "official" rugby league related thread for the Australian Fan Forcers. So you can post about your views, opinions or hatred on anything to do with rugby league.

If someone can edit down the banner here on the top we can use it on OzTips as our official banner. Make it feel a bit homelier. The size has to stay under 15K if you can manage.

I am the manager of the competition and I've set out the ground rules already, but if anyone has any thoughts on how to run the comp, I'll be happy to consider it. Remember that the 'Footy Show' also runs their tipping comp on there, so you can easily add that to your competitions so you can win some good prizes.

Here is a detailed look at the comp as I've set it up now. You will have to be registered to view the page, I'm not actually sure if people other than managers can view it, but we'll see.

Here is the competition's location and the blurb that comes from OzTips for our little comp. If you'd like an Email sent to you detailing everything, post your address here and I'll get one sent to you.

Thanks and goodluck again! I'll be in here later to post my thoughts on the year ahead.

You are invited to join my NRL 2002 Footy tipping competition at OzTips.com - Your Sports Tipping Headquarters online.

Comp Number: 11752
    Comp Name: 3rd Annual JC-FF Rugby League Tipping Competition
    Password to join: knights=champs

To join:
    ----------------
    1. Go to OzTips

2. From the home page, select "I'm new and I want to tip", and setup a user account (if you don't already have one on OzTips.com).

3. Select "I want to join a Tipping Comp" on the home page, or the "Tipping" tab.

4. Enter the Comp Number and Password details above.

5. That's it. Full instructions on how to tip can be found on the site by clicking on the "Help" tab.

Regards,
    Leighton Wedge
    wedge3210@kooee.com.au

2. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Woohoo! I'm number 1.

:D

3. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    How big (in pixels) does the banner have to be?

4. Stunt_Monkey

Stunt_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    im no. 2!

5. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I don't think they care for pixels or anything. It's just a place to upload an image and it has to be under the 15K. I suppose anything to do with the JC or FF would do.

I'd do it myself but the new PC hasn't got any image editing stuff and I can't be bothered going through all the boxes in my room for something.

Early next week I'll go through Emailing some other members with this that went through last year. epic will have to not stop not picking after the first month or so. :p

6. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    opium signed up as well.

Still 12 days to go and I'll get into those individual emails this week sometimes.

7. opium

opium Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 1999
    that's right i did :) i remember tipping in the first one.

8. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm in! I've been looking forward to this!

9. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Welcome aboard!

I'm having trouble remembering past year's participants. I've fried off a half dozen emails and a couple of PMs today, but if any of you know anyone that might be interested, please PM them yourselves.

I'm still to write up my season preview, but I thought I'd leave you with a tip for the next big league scandel...

Andrew Johns was in a punch up at the Beaches Hotel last night up here. Not so surprising on the surface, but it was with another Knight....

10. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    I'm in as and justice for MAUL again.

11. opium

Nov 6, 1999
    good ole Joey. I just love him.

12. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Bah, it's another storm in a tea cup for the **** stirrers. He and Ben Kennedy blew off some steam in an arguement. When both of them left the premises, the patrons thought it was to fight. But they didn't... of course. It was all verbal.

Welcome aboard SI. Good luck, once again.

13. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh, I was Red_Leader last season.

Stoopid knights :p

14. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Hey, don't knock the champions!

Just a quick question to the New Zealanders, is the Crunulla Sharks rape investigation making news there? If so, what stage is it at and is there any word on when it's findings will be released?

15. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Hey, check it out. We now have our own banner.

Sil, OzTips said it can be 300 x 75 pixels. But my computer is saying it's even bigger than that. Weird stuff. It works on the site fine enough. Maybe they shrunk it down. Bastards.

That said, it's decent enough I reckon. Red and blue and all...

:)

[image=http://www.nenya.net/sw/nrltop2.jpg]

16. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah it was big news when it first happened but seemed to get dismissed rather quickly. It looked a bit dodgy, some chick who had been working there over a year just leaves suddenly claiming harrasment from the players. The Sharks of course denied everything.

17. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Sports headline this morning:

"Bickering Knights escape action" ;)

18. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Yeah, they evaded the fight well. :p

The alcohol abuse rules here clearly show there was no need for any action. No damage was caused, no members of the public were involved and no punches were thrown themselves. Not much of a fight really.

I really hope that the people involved in the Sharks Scandel are brought out. Especially if it's the player I'm thinking it is.

19. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Holy smokes! I don't want to risk starting another thread cause this is about sports, and it does have a (vague) connection to League, so I'll post this in here.

Jeff Fenech has agreed to fight Anthony Mundine!

All I have to say is, I'm there.

20. opium

Nov 6, 1999
    [face_shocked]

wowsers

21. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    All I have to say is, who is Jeff Fenech?

I think my last post was more directed at "Bickering" than anything else. Don't think a team can win the championship if there is dissent in the ranks. Got the feeling though they will either start with a hiss or a roar. They'll either go out and slap the Eagles silly or they'll be on the end of a beating.

22. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Jeff Fenech is a former world champ boxer here in Australia. He's now about 40 and well and truely past it. His hands are like a sack of sawdust apparently. He's also some 15 kilos lighter than Mundine, so the fight will never go ahead.

It's just funny though, Mundine has been baiting him ever since his loss. Then all of a sudden he accepted the challenge, and when it doesn't go ahead it'll be on Anthony's head.

Seven days to go people! Plans are already in the forming for my possible trip to Gosford next Sunday.

23. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Stoopid Mundine.

24. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    it's all publicity. :)

25. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Did anyone see Mal Meninga floor Mark "Jacko" Jackson?

WOOH-AGH!!!! Mal has a massive left jab! He just put in a minute worth of them and floored Jacko leaving him with a massive blood nose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.