1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

Oceania 3rd Annual JC-FF Rugby League footy tipping competition -- Now into the finals!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by wedge3210, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LisaJ Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well I hope you all have your tips in for tomorrow night...

Im hoping for a NSW win!!

2. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well that was a pointless game.

I feel for those suckers that payed $100 for the privilidge and honour of seeing the NRL's showpiece, even if the NRL don't seem to care if anyone wins the thing or not.

At least the crowd got to see Taxiride!
  3. Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, cry me a river, wedge. ;) If Tuqiri could kick accurately, we'd have retained the shield fairly and squarely (we did anyway). And the course of the game could have radically changed if Lockyer's attempt at a try had gone the other way.
  4. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, believe me, when he was lining it up everyone wanted it to go over. Of course no rules were broken, but the only reason there was no rule for over-time was because channel 9 wanted the soccer.

It's just lucky for the tennis (and the Poo (he just won)), that the soccer didn't go into over-time.

EDIT: And Lockyer should've had that try too. At least that would've given a winner as well.
  5. Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting. You're the very first Blues supporter I've heard from who believes Lockyer deserved the try. I couldn't make my mind up about it, and I was undecided until I heard that Harrigan only went to the video to see if the ball was grounded in goal.
  6. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's weird that it's been overlooked for the most part. I thought it was a try for your life. He was losing control, but he pressed it to the ground at the same time as it hit the ground, so that's a try. I think Ward said it was ground on his foot or something.

I actually haven't met anyone that said it was the right decision.
  7. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Strewth. Tips Reminder!!!

Here's the quote from Andrew Johns this morning after being handed a $23 Million cheque for the upgrading of the stadium here in Newcastle.

"Where's the nearest TAB?"

Predictable, but very funny.

:)
  8. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bulldogs got up last night. epic tipped the same way as me for the round, but I think farmboynz went for the home teams except the Warriors.

My girlfriend picked the same as me... again. And I'm not sure who Sil went with.
  9. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    What a win for the Warriors

First win at ANZ too

Yes the Broncos were a bit slow after SoO, but they were still outplayed

A great game

I am sure i heard more Warriors chanting than Bronco chants

Managed to hold my #1 spot on the ladder too, yeah :)
  10. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah good win for the Warriors. I tipped them too. Stinky Tigers screwed my week up though.

Bring on extra time for SoO I say.
  11. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was a good game yesterday. And it was good to see the Knights get up without Joey on Saturday night.

I was at the Beaches Hotel last night (the infamous one where Joey and Ben Kennedy had their arguement) and he was there getting Kurt Gidley drunk after he received his first Dally M points of his career. :)

I can't wait till the finals this year. It's going to be awesome seeing the Warriors up against full strength sides like the Knights and Broncos who were probably feeling it a bit from SOO duties.

The fight for the 7th and 8th spot is tight as well. Awseome year!
  12. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I can't believe this thread is starting to die. It was a good run for one of my threads though. :) Maybe when the finals come around it'll pick up again.

Tips reminder!!!
  13. JADES_FIRE Jedi Master

star 4
    Parramatta, lost again. :_|

At this rate we won't make the final 8. :mad:
  14. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Got my tips in,

a few interesting games this weekend,

Some big games over the weekend knights v eels, Warriors v sharks and broncos v dragons,

still worried about tigers v storm and souths and penrith match up thou
  15. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Got mine in. Few close calls. How many weeks until the end of the comp? Are we including the Finals tips or just the regular season?
  16. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's a pretty good question actually... I'm not sure. I'll try and set it up so we do keep going.

There's 26 rounds in the regular competition, and we're up to round 17. So there's still plenty of time to go for those in the hunt.

Quite a few closies this week. Nothing to worry about though. I think the tips will come out very similar if the Usenet tipping comp is anything to go by.
  17. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Back to equal 1st. This is gonna be a close finish. ;-)

Johns gets captain, Tate and Mason are bolters.

And the Knights get handed 2 points from Bill Harrigan, too.

And how bloody good are the Bulldogs goin'?? :-O
  18. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Damm Weekend
    Weather was crappy
    The Bunnies finally won a game
    Wont mention the Tigers

And the warriors played their worst game of the season

And i am now joint 1st

Finally somebody is doing something about the slow play the ball the eels do eh

he gave them 2 warnings, more refs should use the sin bin
  19. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Two warnings? Pffft! He gave four penalties in the first half for it and then two morein the second half before finally binnings someone.

Bill didn't handle it well, probably should've binned one in the first half and then one in the second. But still, Parramatta can't whinge with the amount of talk they were carrying on with... alledgedly.

Johns is captain, I'm surprised with Tate getting in. I'd have rather Carlaw or Petero on the bench. Mason is a great selection though. He's been in amazing form and the Poms will crap their pants when they see him.

20. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    esp with that haircut

i was surprised by some of the selections

Tate, Mason esp

Thought Jason Stevens would get in

The other questions is will Lote stay???
  21. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No way. The ARU will announce his signing on Thursday to take the gloss off the League International and throw it back on to their's which is coming up soon (god knows when, there's no press of it here).

Here's the ladder:

1. (2) 170 epic
    1. (1) 170 farmboynz
    3. (3) 164 Outback Dewback
    3. (3) 164 wedge's girl
    5. (5) 159 wedge3210
    6. (6) 154 silmarillion
    7. (7) 149 SWNZ
    8. (10) 143 HAL9000
    9. (9) 140 stunty
    10. (8) 139 Uruk
    11. (11) 125 LisaJ001
    12. (12) 102 and justice for MAUL
    13. (13) 95 opium

I'm within 11 points now! :)
  22. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Billy has been dropped to first grade this weekend after his Friday nights performance

First time in 16 years

23. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He actually wasn't dropped, just rested for a week. Well that's all it is at the moment. He's feeling the stress. Some clubs have hit on the old Bob Fulton way of getting to him... through the media. Wayne Bennett did it perfectly after SOO1 and Brian Smith is doing it now. It's to be expected.
  24. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tips reminder!!!

Boy there are some toughies this week. Girdler back for the Panthers and against the Broncos backing up from the Test.

Knights might be without Johns.

Cowboys and Eagles. Eels/Sharks. Bah!
  25. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Kangaroos kill the Poms. Completely outclassed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.