main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania 3rd Annual JC-FF Rugby League footy tipping competition -- Now into the finals!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by wedge3210, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    5th place still for me. But I'm only 2 points off third spot.

Best club game so far this year up in Newcastle too. Unbelievable finish to a great day. The finals series is looking good.

2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Farm, dude, you're on fire. 7 points down. Ugh.

PS: Lockyer rules.

3. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    The doggies knights game what a thriller

how loud was the crowd at the end Wedge?

The Warriors seem to have hit a bit of a rough patch
    hope they pull out of it on the weekend

getting a few injuries not a good sign

Epic, just being lucky i think

Still #1 yeah

4. outback_dewback

outback_dewback Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    Hehe ... :D

Wedge, your girlfriend had about as good a round as I did (except for the first game when I didn't get my tips in on time) - in other words, really crappy. :(

At least you've had one perfect round - I haven't even had one of those yet.

Oh and thanks for putting those tips in for me dude ... much appreciated :)

5. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Hey, that's no worries. I had the same as my girlfriend's tips so we only got that one game on you. :)

The Bulldogs game was pretty awesome. Definetely the best game of the season and the press is still talking about it. Makes the Rugby Union look pretty invisable in comparrison since they're talking about a past club game more than an upcoming International. :)

Here's the ladder:

1. (1) 201 farmboynz
    2. (2) 194 epic
    3. (3) 188 Outback Dewback
    3. (4) 188 wedge's girl
    5. (5) 186 wedge3210
    6. (8) 169 stunty
    7. (8) 167 HAL9000
    7. (6) 167 SWNZ
    9. (7) 164 silmarillion
    10. (10) 148 Uruk
    11. (11) 147 LisaJ001
    12. (12) 111 and justice for MAUL
    13. (13) 104 opium

6. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Tips reminder!!!

Plenty of toughies this weekend people. A make or break round I'd say. A good chance to go ahead or fall behind.

7. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    A few great games

the warriors won
    should be a awesome game next weekend against the doggies

the cowboys went close to upsetting them

And still #1

yippie!!!

8. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    1. (1) 213 farmboynz
    2. (2) 202 epic
    3. (3) 196 Outback Dewback
    3. (3) 196 wedge's girl
    5. (5) 194 wedge3210
    6. (6) 179 stunty
    7. (7) 177 HAL9000
    7. (7) 177 SWNZ
    9. (9) 171 silmarillion
    10. (11) 159 LisaJ001
    11. (10) 155 Uruk
    12. (12) 118 and justice for MAUL
    13. (13) 111 opium

It ain't exactly looking pretty for me at the moment. I'm still hopeful of a podium finish, maybe even silver...

Should be a good weekend of footy. Bulldogs and Warriors, Knights at Sharks etc. Parramatta, Manly Sea Eagles, STI Dragons still have to win to get into the eight. Should be great.

9. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    As good as the Dogs, Knights and Warriors are, I think the Broncos are in the form to take the title this year. And what about whatshisname... the 17 year old halfback. And Lockyer has been in great form -- even you can't deny that, Wedge.

Warriors and the Dogs will be tough. They were lucky to win against the Cowboys, but I'm sure they'll be pumped for the trip over the Tasman.

And Parramatta are really, really bad. They need Dykes and fast. McFaddon sucks.

Oh, and I'm glad to see Rudder on the bench. Most overrated five eighth in the comp. Kurt Gidley is a much better pick.

10. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    Dogs without Anasta for the weekend but Talau and O'Meley back

will make it interesting

11. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    You're right epic. The Broncs are the team to beat at the moment. The thing that the Knights have going for them is that they still have players to come back and then they'll hit their straps in the finals... just like last year. The comparisson between the last two seasons for Newcastle is remarkably similar.

Lockyer still can't tackle in broken play and he wouldn't be my first pick to be under a high ball. His passing game has improved ten fold and the loss of Langer won't be a concern, Seymour will be a star.

The Warriors appear to have hit a wall of some sort. The Panthers are a tough side at the moment and the Raiders are hard to beat in Canberra, but I think experience will again hurt the Warriors.

Bulldogs are without Anasta for up to 6 weeks... massive loss. Thurston is an up and comer but is still learning.

The only team capable of winning outside the top 4 is the Sharks. Good experience and are hitting their straps at the right time.

Roosters and Eels are shot to bits and won't win in the first round of playoffs. Only saving grace for the Eels is that they have players to come back and a few players will get better with fitness (Hodgeson).

The Dragons will cause problems for whoever has to play them and the Eagles would be a problem if they had a home final... but that's not a chance.

Preston campbell is looking to go to the Panthers or Eagles. Manly would be an interesting combination with Luke Dorn as I do rate his ability. A move to Penrith would be interesting to see what former coach Lang will do with Gower and Priddis.

12. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Tips Reminder!!!

I'm thinking of tipping the Warriors this weekend. They're playing the Dogs at the right time. Anasta: out!

13. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    will be interesting to see how the warriors go against a top team?
    a good indication on how they will go in the finals i think and good experience

the doggies maybe weak without Anasta

They look pity good thou, just past them in the hotel lobby

All the NRL teams stay in the hotel next to my office

Mason needs a haircut!!!

14. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Mason rules. :-D

But Anasta is a huge loss. The Knights are the best chance at knocking off the Bronco's... the Doggies have been down of sorts lately. They only just scraped home against the Cowboys.

Campbell's ended up in Penrith. I was hoping he'd go to Manly, but I guess he wanted to be back under John Lang. Still, I don't like the idea of them just using him as a "utility" back... maybe he could play five eighth alongside Gower, and move Girdler back to his more natural Centre position?

Should be a good game tonight. :)

15. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    The Broncs should win by 30 in all honesty. God I hope they do! :)

I'd say Gower will move to 5/8 next year. He's played his juniors there so he can go back. Girdler will be going back to centre for sure, he's finally starting to get some good form there.

Knights will have Ben Kennedy back for sure against the Broncos. Maybe even next week against the Eagles.

16. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I'm going to bed, it's been a tough day.

17. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    There's a big difference in the top 6 and the top 8. I hope the Bronc's scrape in at 2nd, 'cos the Sharks and Roosters are pretty damn good.

18. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    GO THE WARRIORS!!!

bring on brisbane

What a great win over the doggies

what a weekend of upsets
    3 out the top 4 lost

Wedge how are you feeling today?

and what was Robbie thinking?

19. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
  20. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Not all that impressed today. Looks like Johns antics could've caught up with him. His wife moved out on him just recently, probably a reason for his form being up and down a bit. Hopefully he'll wake up and get his life back on track.

I still don't like the Roosters chances. I tihnk they just got Brisbane on a lucky night, like the Sharks got Newcastle yesterday, but they do have a good record up that way. I wouldn't mind playing them here as we destroyed them in last year's semis here.

Warriors are still a big threat, but the loses to the big teams this weekend will be a wake up to all of them.

21. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Newcastle have lost O'Davis and Hughes this week, too. Hughes gone for the season -- ouch.

Brisbane v Warriors will be a good one. :-D

22. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Kennedy will be back next weekend though.

:)

Sorry this is so late this week too.

Tips reminder!!!

23. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    That's a win over the Bulldogs and now the Broncos for the Warriors at home. They're pretty much unbeatable there. What a turnaround from last year -- they've got a real chance now of finishing in the top 2.

Newcastle and the Sharks both with good wins. That's 10 in a row for the Sharks! :-O

And what about this Bulldogs salary cap breach stuff?

24. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    Was at the game
    one word

AWESOME!!!

Warriors have beaten the top 2 bring on the home semi

Big Kevin clocked Mr Webcke a nice one, right in front of us too

Doggies look like they maybe in some trouble

got a prefect round yeah

and still #1

25. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh Yeah! first perfect round in two years!!
    Great win by the warriors, come on boys bring it home to poppa :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.