main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

3rd Collectors Guild meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Outlander_, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Andrea and I would like to host the third meeting of the Collectors Guild. I am tentatively thinking of Dec. 15th. It is a Sunday and we could do the Packer game thing again. I know it is in the middle of the holiday season and many of you may be busy, so I'm taking suggestions for an alternate date. As soon as we have a date finalized, PM me for address and directions.

Jason

2. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    If I'm not moving, cleaning, or painting, I'm there.

Jason

3. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Likewise.

Jeff

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We'll be there because I found the single coolest thing today and I'll bring it along. It's sooo me. Anyway, we'll put that bad boy on the calender. Thanks for hosting Jason and Andrea. You're brave brave people.

M

5. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    I figure we'll get things rolling around noon...the game is at 3:15 so that should give us time to B.S. If y'all want brave the holiday hordes and do a toy run, maybe we can start earlier. Lemme know whatcha think.

6. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I should mention that only weekend that is absolutely out is Thanksgiving weekend. Our friends are coming from Missouri for hopefully a weekend of Final Fantasy RPG right up to my eyeballs.

M

7. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    I'll have to let you know closer to the day. I'm in charge of banquets at work, and December (obviously) is our busiest month. If no one books that day, I'll be able to make it...

8. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    Alrighty then, since no one has suggested another, I guess we'll go with Dec. 15th as the official date for the next collectors meeting. We'll provide some munchies and drinks, if anybody wants to bring something...please do. Also if anyone has photos of their collections they would like to share...bring those too. PM me for directions and all that.

9. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Sounds great--I'm thinking Maureen and I should be somewhat settled by then, so we can make it. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks to you and Andrea in advance, Jason!

By the way, pm me if you want me to bring anything specific.

Jason

10. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    This is a bump and reminder!

M

11. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    What do y'all think about bringing some non-perishable food to donate to a local food bank? We live very close to one of the food banks...the name escapes me at the moment. We could drop it off before the game or during half-time or something.

Jason

12. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    That's a totally money idea. Mo and I would love to clean out the cabinets so we don't have to move it all. We've got lots of canned stuff (we're double-coupon day junkies"). You know, its ironic that a collector's club would be giving something, rather than hording/collecting it.

Jason

13. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Thats a very good idea! :)

Cally

14. Jedi_Wookiee

Jedi_Wookiee Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    Count me in! I will bring a dish to pass. By the way, I'll need someone to bring some food to put on it. Okay, okay I'll bring the food too:). The non-perishable idea is VERY cool too.

15. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    We'd be game. Just make sure the food you're giving away or bringing isn't crap. There's a reason why YOU didn't eat the kidney beans isn't there?

=)

m

PS- Jason, if you get a chance could you pm the directions. We'll be there on the 15th or if things go badly with my class and I'm still coding, Dwayne will be going to the meeting...

16. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Jason,

Please PM me directions.

Thanks!

17. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Well, it looks like I won't be able to make this meeting - I can't get off of work that day, so I'll have to take a rain check...

Hope you all have fun!

18. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    Sorry to hear that, Jason. Well, its a week away now, if anyone else is coming please PM me for directions.

Jason

19. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    I'll be coming, but I don't need any directions since I'll be hitching a lift with Tom. :)

20. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    As Mr. Burns would say...."excellent"

21. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Ummm... I'd like directions. That is, if Catie hasnt already gotten them, cause chances are... she's carting my boot-ay there.

-Cally

22. Outlander_

Apr 11, 2002
    I haven't heard from Jeff. Does anyone know if he is coming?

23. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    We said something about it on Thursday, and he acknowledged that he knew about it, but didn't say if he was going, so I have no idea.

Dwayne

24. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeah, I'm coming - sorry, just have been forgetting to write. So, if you could PM me with directions to your house, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jeff

25. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Thank you both, Jason and Andrea, for the great ecumenical time! It was fun, and I'm looking forward to the next Collector's Guild meeting (whoever is hosting it).

I survived the cat with just minor inner ear itching, minor eye irritation and a slight sore throat. (I know for next time. :) )

BTW, the artichoke dip was awesome.

PS. Tom, I liked the small discussion about Tabernacles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.