main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA 3rd ed Dungeons & Dragons players wanted...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    We should order those and wear them every game ;)

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Just posting for the context,

[image=http://www.pvponline.com/images/1852.gif]

3. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    yeah I remember that :p

4. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Well it's been far too long between initiative roles. When's our next game guys?!

5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Simply trying to find a spot in the schedule. I will get a date together...incidentally, the Ghost Who Walks, aka Darth_Soup, has expressed some interest. He might well take over Johnnage's character, or come up with a close similar one... :D

6. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    Let me know when you have a date in mind Saint.....I'm still keen for more gaming and pretty sure Todd is still up for it.

7. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    "The Ghost Who Walks"

I like that, I would claim it, but I seem to recall it's been trademarked somewhere :p

And anyway, I don't believe that I expressed interest, I seem to recall begging! I need more gaming fixes since my regular GM moved to Melbourne.

Oh yeah, Hi everyone. :p

8. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    He speaks!!

:p

9. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Right: the next date would be 1:00 p.m.-ish on 17 February 2007 to around 5:00-ish. Alternatively we could do the next Saturday after that (24 February 2007 at the same time) if people can't make it to 17 February.

Soup, you've got my permission to roll up a character without my supervision and bring it along, so we can get started relatively quickly. Everyone's character at the moment is level 6, so please go ahead and generate a level 6 character of your own, with the XP total one quarter of the way to level 7, using whatever combination of classes that fits within the rules (including that very interesting suggestion you had for me last weekend... >:) )

Each ability score is to be generated using the best of three dice from a 4d6 roll (you can use sets of 6 numbers to assign to different ability scores or alternatively use the 'points purchase' system using the 'challenging' total in the DM guide). Equipment: use the DM Guide to find the starting gold for a level 6. That's your starting balance. Free, and not counted against that balance, you may have one magic weapon or armour or shield, with an enchantment bonus no greater than +1. The milieu is Forgotten Realms, so feel free to use your sourcebooks for character generation, so long as you point out any obscure powers/abilities to me. Once I have a look at the character at the session, we'll make the decision whether Johnnage's cleric gets replaced or whether he continues to run with the party. (I can always beef up the firepower on encounters ... heh ... heh ... heh ...

And in generating your character (if we want to avoid initial character difficulties) the party's presently as follows:
    Leith: NG Human fighter
    Me: LG Dwarven paladin (ie will not associate knowingly with evil alignment)
    Todd: NG Human mage
    Mark: running John's elven cleric (NG) and an elven ranger (NG) at once.

Incidentally, Kart: are you all right with running two characters, or would you prefer just to run your semi-mad ranger?

I'm also missing my old friend the elven monk, so I might well consider rolling up another character for me to run as well... :D

10. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I'll ask johnnage if he can make it, otherwise I'll keep going with the two. That way, I can have two mad elves :p

11. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Either of those 2 dates is good for me at the moment.

I shall work up a character, and at the moment I think he will be similar to what I suggested to you, but I shall change the alignment to suit the party a little better.

Also, when you say "magic weapon", is that just a basic +1 or with other attributes as well? [face_devil]

12. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    +1 or an ability equivalent to +1 under the DM's guide, you lawyer, you :D

Okay, I'm setting the date as 17 February 2007, bar any difficulties anyone's got. I'll let Leith know by e-mail if he's not reading this...

Actually, in terms of my own characters, that with Soup's character the party's going to be elven-heavy. I'm going a tiefling monk instead, and go neutral alignment... :D

13. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Leith's good for this Saturday. We're waiting on a reply from Todd. My tiefling monk might be converted into an aasimar instead, but I'm still not sure... :D

14. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    I'm on for Saturday.

My character is no longer an elf, I came up with a new slightly more eccentric version of the character. He is a human cleric, but kind of like Robin Hood, except he robs the evil and gives to himself :)

I will e-mail you all the stats, Saint. Could you please put them on a character sheet for me because I seem to have run out.

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Okey-dokey.

16. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Saint, you should have an e-mail in your inbox with my character :)

17. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Hold onto your butts ... Johnnage himself may be making a guest appearance ;)

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Hurrah!

And Dan, I've got your character sheet printed out right now. Interresting...

I have arrived at a decision for my second character. He'll be an aasimar monk instead (i.e. half-celestial being). But that doesn't mean he's necessarily all good... >:)

19. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    ok.......so.........can anyone post a link to a site that has all the D&D races/classes etc....I need to find some inspiration for a new character.

20. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Dude, here are the links to the sites I mentioned during the game on Saturday.

Role-Players Home - This site is an online character creator and database site. You can make characters with any race (it lists them all), any classes (including pretty much all prestige classes), and whatever gear you want. Then the site can also generate PDF character sheets for you, like the on I had.

It also has a whole bunch of other DM tools, like map creators and stuff like that.

SRD - This is the other most useful D&D site. It is sort of an open licence players handbook. It has all of the info from the books but without the artwork and stuff, and the best bit is there are links to download the whole thing for offline use. And unlike the versions of the PHB you can download off torrent sites, this one is legal.

Hope these help :)

DS

21. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Good lord that site is fantastic!

22. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Hey Saint can I be a half-dragon??????

[face_dancing]

23. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Hmmm. If it's within the rules, then I'll say yes...bear in mind your character progression will (I think) be one level slower (ie your XP to rise to, say, level 5 will in fact be the XP anyone else needs to rise to level 6.) This is to counteract the half-dragon (and aasimar, I might add)'s slightly more powerful abilities.

Incidentally, if folks have any gripes about any aspect of the campaign, let me know here; I've got wide enough shoulders to submit to public criticism. It's also so I can improve the overall experience. Too much fighting? Too little? Not enough roleplay? Too much roleplay? More puzzles? Less puzzles? Put 'em all out here.

24. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I don't wanna die :_|

that's all.

25. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Too much distance from where I live. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.