St. Lou, MO 3rd Meeting Agenda

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tabee, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    I just assumed that because most that I'd talked to were on the Illinois side. Sorry for any confusion :(
  2. dudeman Jedi Youngling

star 3
    i dont know where either of them are, and i dont know if my mom wants to drive out there. its not even close to my judgement if we can go there. i DO vote for mid-rivers (maybe) or northwest plaza or jamestown though.
  3. Ackbar11 Jedi Youngling

I vote for West County for the next meeting. I live in South St. Louis County, but I would be willing to do the next meeting in Illinois. One would hope we would be able to find parking at the mall for this meeting. A couple others and I tried to find a space at Forest Park and gave up after an hour, but that's water under the bridge.
  4. Ackbar11 Jedi Youngling

By next meeting I meant the meeting after next.
  5. Stl_Imperial Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You know this is probably going to be short notice but what about meeting at archon the first weekend in oct. I am sure that most of us can find something interesting to do at a sci-fi convention. :) If you haven't heard about it, the con is at the Collinsville Gateway Center from the 4th to the 6th. I would say we could all get together during the day and for those around in the evening we could party at the hotel. I know I will be there. I am so ready to wear my scout trooper costume again!!!!! Regardless, it would give us all a single location and who knows...maybe we can work out a car pool for all of those in St. Louis that don't have a transportation. I am sure that there will be quite a few of us that wouldn't be able to make it...especially with such a short notice but it just seemed like a good idea since I am sure that we all love going to conventions! :) If you want to get info on the convention go to http://www.stlf.org/archon/
  6. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll go for that! Especially the part about partying afterwards...just gotta find a babysitter.
  7. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    alright, sorry I haven't been around, I've been swamped with school and work.

Now, a few things to cover:

yodaismygod no one meant to assume anything about how many people live in Illinois or Missouri, it's just that at the time of our discussion, on people from Illinois were posting. :)

Stl_Imperial the convention is a lovely idea, but it is a bit short notice to actually attend Achron, perhaps we could all meet somewhere nearby?

Dagobah_Diva we have to watch it with the partying, some of us aren't quite old enough ;)

From now on, I'll be making sure everyone has directions to where ever we are having a meeting, this is what Mapquest was invented for ;)

Our meeting will be at West County Mall I'm not sure when yet, just start hollering out dates and we'll see what we can come up with :)

For all us Illinois people, I know we now have what, 2 people in O'Fallon, 2 in Belleville and 1 in Fairview Heights, I'm sure we can work something out so we can all get there. :)

8. dudeman Jedi Youngling

star 3
    FEBUARY 32 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well u said just holler out some dates :) umm im cool w/ just about any date in october except the 21 because thats my b-day and i wont be able to go.
  9. flying_fishi Jedi Knight

star 6
    Wow! :eek: Someone took me seriously! :D

So, is this the new WC mall? :)

~monogpfm
  10. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    Someone took fishi seriously?!? What gives? :p
  11. flying_fishi Jedi Knight

star 6
    Tabee is obviously misinformed ;)

~monogpfm
  12. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
  13. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    Nobody is ever too young to party...just too young for alcohol. If we have the meeting in West County I would be happy to drive. We could meet at St. Clair or something. But please don't have the meeting the weekend of the 12th...I'll be out of town.
  14. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    I take everyone seriously [face_plain]

except myself ;)

ok, so no Oct 12, or 21

any other no dates before I start narrowing it down?
  15. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Since there wasn't much business talked about, how about we wait until the next meeting. Please discuss the chapter name and who you all would like to be the CR for St. Louis at the next meeting so St.Louis can be on its way.

Also, since FanForce is an all-inclusive organization, there can be no official meetings at areas that are off-limits to people due to age (or sex, ethnicity, religion, etc). There has been no issues of that sort yet, but want to make sure everyone knows.

16. Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am in the clear...just make sure to remind me to call off work...
  17. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    *salutes*

roger that Bobafemme :)

I gots me list of things to talk about right here

*points at list*
  18. NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Weekends of 10/26 is not good for me. As my daughter & I have a scout meeting, and then a Halloween Party that night. [face_devil]
    (But lont't let that stop you if that ends up the only date available.)
    How about a Sunday afternoon as a suggestion?

Tabee your doing a great job keeping on track with this. :)
  19. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    ok all, these are the dates I came up with:

October 19th or November 2nd.

so pick a date, the one with the most yays wins :D

and fishi... this is goina sound really dumb but... they built a new WC Mall? ?[face_plain]
  20. flying_fishi Jedi Knight

star 6
    Tabee: I know what you mean :p My friends were discussing it at lunch last week, which is how I know. Plus it was in the school paper (which is of extremely low quality, BTW)

So, YES - there is a new WC mall, but I have no idea where it is :p

Let's go with the old one, since I can nearly walk there ;)

21. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't know there was an OLD West County mall...which one is at 270 & Manchester?

Either of those two dates are perfect with me. Can't wait to hang out with fellow Star Wars fans. It's kinda like church...regular meetings help you keep up your religion.
  22. Son_of_Suns Jedi Youngling

I was under the impression that the new mall was just the old one renovated. At least that's the way they made it sound a couple weeks ago when tv and radio made it sound like the biggest news since the birth of Christ.
  23. quigon_brian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    They basically tore down the old mall and built a new one where it was. So the new one is in the exact same location as the old one. For those of you who don't know, it's right by Des Peres theater.
  24. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    like I know where that is! :p

dates people! pick a date!

Oct 19 or Nov 2!!
  25. flying_fishi Jedi Knight

star 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.