main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO 3rd Meeting Agenda

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tabee, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I'll go for the 19th! :D

2. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    i cant do the 19th... its my birthday *votes for the 2nd*

3. Son_of_Suns

Son_of_Suns Jedi Grand Master

Mar 16, 2002
    My vote is for the 2nd.

4. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Yeah, okay...I change my vote to the 2nd also. I can't get a babysitter for the 19th.

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Parts of this thread remind me of one of the Police Academy movies with the New Zoo or the Old Zoo mix-up. :)

6. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I say the 19th.

7. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm glad we can amuse you Bobafemme :p

ok all, I've thought about this, and if I wait much longer for opinions, it'll be Halloween :p

I think we should go with November 2nd. It should give us all enough time to arrange schedules, get rides, etc.

Now this is what I suggest we do, I don't know how long it takes to get to West COunty Mall, but us Illinoisians can meet at St Clair Square, say an hour before the meeting so we can carpool up there.

That way we know at least some of us will be in the right spot! :p

Whatcha'll think?

8. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Sounds good, though we need a meeting over here once! I'll go for it.

9. Ackbar11

Ackbar11 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Since we have settled on a date, I would like to suggest, if possible, that we decide on a specific place within the mall to meet up. If it's not a good place to hold the meeting, we could always move it once we are all together.

10. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    yes, quite :)

I was waiting for more opinions before I got to that, and then I was going to suggest the food court, since that's the easiest to find.

11. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    i vote for the second but i dont know where, there were too many malls mentioned, *goes of into a corner and screams*. so can we start a new thread and then talk about it ther or are we just gonna use this one.

12. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I prefer MidRivers Mall, cuz it's pretty big and it's got more stores than most malls I've been to....plus it has a GREAT theatre.

13. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    the meeting will be at West County Mall, after we've decided on some more details, I will start another thread. If you need directions to the mall, I'll get them for you.

Joe, your imput on where the meeting should be would have been more appreciated earlier. Seeing as we have decided on West County, it's a bit late, sorry dear, maybe next time ;)

Now, for future reference: we will not pick meeting places based on how nice the mall is. We are not there to shop, we are there to old a meeting, and face it, if the stores are cool, none of us will want to stick around for the meeting.

That, and I think St Clair is the best :p

14. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    You all know the drill. Send me info for the main page when you have the date set. Make sure you give me a minimum of 5 days before the event.

15. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    tabee: dont mean to be like i dont, a pest or something but i never agreed on west county. i said two other places. i might not even be able to go if its at west county.

16. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I disagree with the whole West County thing.

17. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    I realize you two don't agree, but the majority does. So we are going to West County.

You two aren't going to be the only ones going out of your way to go to this meeting, it isn't exactly the most convenient place for those of us who live in Illinois, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice because I know that eventually a meeting will be closer to me.

Now, I have noted where you would prefer to have meetings and they will be listed as considerations for future meetings.

18. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    This is St. Louis AREA Fan Force. We need to be able to go to far reaches of the galaxy...I mean county. It's not like you have to drive 4 hours away. Everyone should be able to bend a little, and next time it could be in your backyard. :D

19. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    *Points to Bangert Park* Thats not ANYWHERE near my home :p lest go there (event though its already been decided) Yea, and who ever heard of MAJORITY rules i've always had it as MINORITY rules :D

20. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I agree with Dagobah Diva. This is the ST Louis area fanforce. But we will never make it official if no one can decide on a location or argue over which area is the best. If you can't make one meeting try to make another.
    Also, I understand there may be those that are not old enough to drive to the meeting places, but safety is also an issue for those. I personally wouldn't want my 13 yr old meeting a bunch of strangers in a mall without me being there myself.

I'm believe once we get established we can select locations that will be fair to everyone who wants to attend. As far as me I have to come from Jefferson county/ The DeSoto area.

21. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    i never said i was totally against it, i personally like the new west county mal, its really cool, i was just stating some malls that were near me and some other members of the stlff, thats all i was doing on purpose, if i came off in any other way i am sorry.

22. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    It's hard to read someone's tone of voice on message boards. :p I'm sure no one has been offended.

23. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    MidRivers Mall

Dude! [face_shocked]I know this mall!!! I usually do my last minute Christmas shopping there when I head down to spend Christmas with the fam. 8-}

Ummm...sorry for the interruption.... move along, move along.

~H~

24. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Hmmmm.....

Well, Dan, errraa.....uummmm I mean dudeman....... Looks as though some of us aren't going....Sniff, sniff. NOBODY LOVES ME!!!!!!

25. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    No one wants to go the extra mile for a meeting? It's not like meeting locations can't move around. Pretty sad. We've had people drive 4 hours to make some of our meetings at the MN F. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.