main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark 3rd meeting / lunch BLACK FRIDAY

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey everyone sneding out this advance notice to everybody was just wondering since several people have Thanksgiving weekend off and will probably be in Little Rock shopping if we wanted to have or third meeting. We could have lunch around 11:00 am before the major crowds and so we can get home to sleep (if your like me and up at 4:30 that morning to shop) . Anyway leave a post if you can make it or not and some ideas on where to eat. Remember we need at least three to make it officail and I know that ShadowScout04 cant make it.

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    On that Friday? I think I'll have it off ;) AETC (our Headquarters/Majcom) is giving that day off as 'Family Day' so that could work for me :D In Little Rock, eh? Juz let me know. I don't know of any good restaraunts in LR juz in NLR hehehehe Though dunno if Golden Corral is considered a 'good' one or not. It is all you can eat buffet and well worth the $ and has plenty of room for meetings and such ;) even a back part that can be sanctioned off.

Count me in. :D Dunno if Ramon can make it but he said if he's off he'll swing in. So definitely can count me in!

3. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Since all the shopping I will be doing is on the Chenal/Financial Pkway strip, I thought that we should eat in that area. There are some nicer restaurants close (Macaroni Grill, Star of India, Sekisui, etc...), but I was thinking of something a little cheaper--what I told Henry was Fazoli's (accross Markham from Target and Home Depot on the North side of Chenal). I will be there, and my wife and kids might--also might have siblings with me--just depends--my wife and I are the odd ones in our family--everyone else you'd have to pay them to leave the house on Black Friday.

4. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohh that's an Italian restaraunt isn't it? Ohhh =P~ hrmmm now if I knew how to get there I wouldn't mind that! I looooooooove Italian ;) hehehehe

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Kynstar, do you prefer 30/630 or 40/430 when coming to that part of Little Rock?
    If you are coming from 630, just go straight onto Financial Parkway, which turns into Chenal Parkway. You will soon pass TRU on your right. That may be the first stop for many of us that day. Next you will pass Best Buy on your right and WalMart on your left (there are lots of other stores I am not mentioning, like Comp USA, but I am mentioning my possible shopping destinations).
    When you come down the hill from the Bowman light, you will pass Fazoli's on your right before you come to the Markham stoplight, after which you will find Home Depot and Target on your right and Old Navy on your left (or is Old Navy before Markham? I can't visualize it correctly at the moment. Other low budget, but not exactly fast food alternatives in the neighborhood include IHOP and Quizno's. Other restaurants I didn't mention before include On the Border and The Purple Cow.

6. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Cool yeah that highway that ends on Shackleford... that is by Chenal right? if that is the right highway that is the one that I'm familiar with. Going straight after the stoplight (where the highway ends) is Chenal? If that is it then I shouldn't have a prob finding the restaurant. :D

7. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Yes, straight across Shackleford from I-630 is Financial Parkway which turns into Chenal PKWY.

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Coolidge, then at least I know somewhat of the way there *snrk* hehehe :D

9. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    I'll have to see if I can make it... I doubt it as transportation is an issue and I also have to work on a Spanish project... but I'll check in and update tomorrow on the status... just noting that I'm interested.

10. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey Wicket1138 thanks for the intrest I thought for awhile all of you had gone. Deja-Vu lives in Conway also if nothing else maybe myself and ShadowScout04 can come to Conway somtime soon to have a meeting just with you guys and get some input and just meet.

11. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    That would be fun, I'll have to talk to her and get her ideas on that... I certainly won't be able to make it on Friday as I've just learned, but I am still interested in meeting with peeople... I'll keep updating on that once I've gotten in contact with D-V.

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I am really excited about next week. I love Thanksgiving. I hope we're going to see The Incredibles on Turkey Day. And I love Black Friday!

Anybody else coming?

13. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I am trying to talk some of my family into seeing The Incredibles either on Thursday night (when things die down and get boring... HA!) or Friday evening (sure, we'll be tired but oh well!). One way or another I am going to see the ROTS trailer on the big screen before it's gone!! :D

14. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok looks like its Fazoli's for lunch Friday say around 11:00, 11:30. Bring pictures of collections, Cons, costumes or anything else to talk about. We can eat and hang out for awhile. If any one has any other ideas let me know soon. I will call them Wednesday to set it up I guess. Also I need to know wether or not you will be there so I can tell them. Thanks and have a great Turkey Day

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Count me in. Ramon is going to try, but he's scheduled to work that day though.

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Juz double checking to see if it is still on for Fri? I'll be there around 11ish.

17. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Friday it is I've already called them to make sure it will be ok (hoping for a larger turn out) the said no problem lets say by 11:30 I may be going to pick up somebody else to come.

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I'll be there. Thought about you while I driving through Carlisle tonight, Henry.

I'll be the one in the Jedi Mickey t-shirt--in case the first one there isn't someone I have previously met.

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll be wearing an Ep I t'shirt with Maul/Obi/Qui fighting. Glad to see this still on for tomorrow!

20. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hello everyone going to Fazoli's today when you get there ask if the Fan Force is there yet if not tell them there will be at least 6 of us. I plan on being there early enough to have everthing ready for us but every time I plan on early Im late but will be there. But tell them your with the Fan Force that way if we dont reconize each other we can still find each other see yall there by 11:30. And happy and safe shopping

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Geez, man. What time did you get up? LOL

22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Had a good time at lunch. Ate too much though, LOL!!! Why wasn't my wife sharing my sandwich and stopping me from eating all those bread sticks!!!

Nice to meet you, Denise. It was good to see Tré and Henry again, too. Hope the Little Rock FanForce takes off.

We need to plan a real event during the Christmas break while I am in town. Any ideas?--something that will hopefully get the Conway and Hot Springs and others, too.

23. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey all, if that 3rd meeting was a success then that makes us official!! :D

I'll let Nabooty Call know about this. :)

24. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Not for sure on the legals of the meeting because Otisdodge is a memeber of the Mephis Fan Force. What is the age limit of members because Kynstar, myself and my son was there so there was three from Arkansas group if hes of age then we can set him up an account quickly and we had three.

25. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Did you guys elect a CR at your third meeting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.