3rd Meeting to be held on 2/16/03

Discussion in 'Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Our 3rd meeting will be held on Sunday February 16th at 7pm. It will be at the Bowling alley next to the Dayton Mall. I strongly urge everyone to try to attend because this is the meeting that we become official. When the thunder of the pins is heard the Dayton chapter will become an official Fanforce of the midwest.
  2. corranhornjje Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just for everyones information the bowling alley is

Poelking Lanes South
    8871 Kingsridge Dr.
    435-3855

They're right behind the Dayton Mall. Unfortunately they have League bowling from 5 till 9 pm on Sunday so we may need to rethink that idea. Open bowling is in the afternoons till 5 and from 9 till midnight when they close. I can call around and see if any other bowling alleys are open to the public at the 7 pm time. Let me know.
  3. corranhornjje Jedi Knight

star 2
    After reviewing the phone book and some phone calls here's what I've found:

Pla-Mor Lanes
    4901 Linden Ave.
    Dayton, OH 45432
    Approx at Hwy 35 and I-675
    1.95 shoe rental
    13.00 per lane per hour

Bowlero Lanes
    3495 W. Siebenthaler Ave.
    Dayton, OH 45406
    Approx 5-6 miles north west of Hwy 35 and I-75
    Open bowling Sunday, close at 10.
    3 dollars per game and 1.75 shoe rental

Poelking Woodman Lanes
    3200 Woodman Drive
    Kettering, OH 45420
    Approx 4-5 miles south of Hwy 35 and 1 mile west of I-675
    Open bowling Sunday, close at 12.
    3 dollars per game and 2.00 shoe rental

So there's the next best options that I can see. And Pla-Mor isn't worth 13 bucks an hour. Any more than 3 people on a lane is too much. It takes probably 45 min to play a game with 3 people per lane so it's not worth the money. The other 2 are within reason and are in decent locations. A little farther north than the Dayton Mall but they're the best ones I could find.

It's inside a week so they can't change the listing. All we can do is have people refered to this thread to give them a heads up. Not sure if this affects the meeting being "official" or not but that really don't matter. I'm PMing Erica as I type to see what she thinks can be done.
  4. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I can update the notice on FF main and put up an extra announcement for the change. I would prefer that it is done no later than tomorrow to avoid people hanging out at the wrong alley. Please let me know which one you choose. For the interim, I'll direct people to this thread.
  5. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Poelkman woodland lanes in Kettering sounds like the best buy, plus it's not too far from the original location. Nice work on lookin that up Jake. :)
  6. Gwen_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 1
    the lanes in kettering sound cool to me as well, not to far from my house either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.