3rd Meeting

Discussion in 'York/lancaster, PA' started by TenguJedi, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ok we settled on the date of our next meeting and a general plan as to what we're gonna do. Sat July 19th. We plan on catching a movie as a group and grab something to eat after. The movie we chose was "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"

2. LadyMischief Jedi Youngling

Can one meeting be here in Harrisburg? As much as I just LOVE driving 30-60 minutes to spend an hour or two with you guys, it's just fair that you all do it for us at least once :)
  3. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    We can do this next meeting in Harrisburg. There's a Theater there near your house right? When the date draws closer check movie times and we can do it then. Sound good?
  4. chld-dark Jedi Youngling

Yep, the theatre near our house is very nice. We'll see what rolls around when the time comes closer.

-Dark-
  5. LadyMischief Jedi Youngling

Lol, sorry I did not mean for it to sound like I was whining :p It was just a suggestion of change of scenery and stuff :)

Michelle
  6. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Didn't sound like whining to me. It's a very reasonable request. :D
  7. Muasue Jedi Youngling

star 2
    How about some place in Wrightsville? I propbably won't be able to go to the one in Harrisburg. My dad has been buzzy lately. There's a cafe at the river near the older bridge. I hope it can be there, because I can walk down to there. David should know what I'm talking about if he ever gets on. I'll cya later sometime, maybe. :) ;)
  8. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    We will be having meetings in the Wrightsville/York area as well, most likely our 4th meeting will take place in that area. However anyone under 18 MUST have a parent with them during the meeting.
  9. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Muasue, if you are referring to Casa D'Oria, I think it's too small for a location for our meetings. We may aim for having it at or near York Galleria Mall at some time in the future.

As for the 3rd meeting being in Harrisburg, I may have to miss that one then. If that's the location decided upon, I understand that ya'll can't go by my limitations. I will just give Rick anything I need said, or my opinion on any decision to be made at the meeting.
  10. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    I have an idea for you all...

You should try to do other things with each other than just your meeting.

Try to grow with each other.

I saw the post from the Harrisburgh resident... :p

The NJO will do the meeting for however long is needed...then go to like lunch/dinner...and then a trip to a store or something...

we were doing Barnes & Noble and Toys R Us.

Lots of fun was had...

Just a suggestion...it promotes fun with the group...

And since we in the NJO do not hold our meetings in the same spot each month...travel gets spread out among us.

J.Sat

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint
  11. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    That is a good Idea and once we get things a bit more organized we probably will. I know we have plans in the summer for picnics and BBQs, prop/costume workshops and I'm planning a trip to the Pa Ren Faire, maybe even a Hershey park trip as well.
  12. Muasue Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Muasue,if you are referring to Casa D'Oria, No,I wasn't.There's a pretty large resurant right next to the river.As far as I can go I think without takeing a bus or car. It's right on the same street I live on,so it'd be a great spot. {Anyway,my mom could come down very easily.Live near Sunoco) It's also a very nice place,I think,I don't know about u,Rebel_Spook.But sometime,I'd like to go there again,and be with all of you,let alone, meeting you all.
    I would like the Hersey Park idea very much TJ.I've never been to an amusment park and right now...we're pretty much broke.(My school had a trip there.R.I.S.E. trip that is,had 2 get 16rise points) I didn't like it when I wasn't able to go.Even though I knew other people at my lunch that didn't,I felt so much better.

Wait a sec...I just remembered that June 28th,is coming up.It's supposed to be the reanactment of the brige burning.We could all go!! :) :) :) :) :)
  13. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    so whats the dealio? :) Need me to post this on TFN?
  14. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    We're still working out the details on this one. Ok what time it a good time to meet?

We have Sat July 19th Movie and dinner meeting in Harrisburg, (Bob and Michelle what's the name of the Mall with the Theater?)
  15. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to suggest that we do a lunch meeting with the movie after as that makes it more likely that I would be able to attend.

Does anyone think that LXG would be an appropriate movie for a 9.5 month old girl? [face_mischief] :D

I may just try to arrange for Sarah to be watched as that is going to be Lis' Creative Memories class days.
  16. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    That's fine by me. A movie as close to noon as we can get it would be good.

Umm probably not :D crying babies are not conductive to movie watching..

That might be the way to go Dave. :D :D

Creative Memories.. sounds like something that you get after meeting an MIB agent.. *Flash* "What you saw wasn't a UFO, it was some swamp gas reflected off of Venus.. "
  17. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Good, now I just need to clear it with Lis and work on setting up someone to watch Sarah.

Hey now, you've been around her enough to know that she's not a cryer! Though she tends to compete with loud noises that go on around her. It's actually funny to run the garbage disposal or our small vacuum. :D
  18. LadyMischief Jedi Youngling

I really doubt you guys want to go to the Colonial Park Theatre... it's dirty and only plays old movies.
    The best on is Hoyts which is on Valley Rd.
  19. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    That's fine with me. You know the area better than we do. :)
  20. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Nice to see you're at your third meeting :) I can pretty much say all of us in Reading are looking forward to working with you, since we're right next to each other :D

Good luck and have fun, neighbor! :)
  21. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Well, it looks like Crazed beat me here.

Anyway, way to go on your third meeting already. You guys had no trouble at all getting down to business! I hope you guys have a great time at your meeting and like Crazed said, I would really like to get together sometime in the future since we're so close! :D
  22. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, maybe we can do a Reading Phillies game before the season is up. THat would be a good way to get us together and provide both something to do and a social atmosphere. What do you all think?
  23. TenguJedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Count me out of that one, I hate sports.
  24. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I hate sports too, but it would be a nice way to bring us all together :)
  25. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I'm not into baseball at all, but I thought it'd be a good way to get us together where admission isn't too much and there's plenty of things to eat and agives us an opportunity to talk and meet IRL.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.